Delivery Driver

Discussion in 'Delivery Driver Discussion' started by Daniel Soares, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Daniel Soares

Daniel Soares New Member

We are in business for 17 years and never had delivery. However, we are considering implementing that now.
    One of the biggest area of struggle for us has been "delivery driver".
    How to find them?
    What is the recommended business relationship with them?
    What would be a recommended insurance coverage?
    Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. Steve

Steve Active Member

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Daniel Soares

Daniel Soares New Member

Thanks Steve for your inputs.

4. Pizzoun

Pizzoun New Member

It seems like a major challenge is to have enough deliveries. Either there are none or then they come at the same moment in opposite directions

5. Mondo

Mondo Active Member

If you decide to do delivery, you have to look at it as an investment. It will be awhile before you're getting enough deliveries to turn a profit. You may want to look into some of the 3rd party delivery services. Might be an easier transition into delivery. As for insurance, I believe your liability will be slightly higher adding delivery. There is also what is called a non-owned auto policy which basically covers you in the event one of your drivers gets into an accident and that person sues you. It's not required by law or anything, but it's a good idea to have.

6. Pizzoun

Pizzoun New Member

We tried to do delivery through third party (Postmates). Did one testing order. One of our employees just went to wait about 5 minutes away from our pizzeria and we ordered Postmates to do the delivery for us. The Postmates driver took about one hour to do the delivery about 5 min. away. He stopped in five other restaurants collecting other orders. Pretty unacceptable experience. Wondering if someone else tried to use Grubhub, Postmates.. to do delivery for them and with what experience.

7. Mondo

Mondo Active Member

That's what I've always been afraid of with 3rd party delivery. We have uber eats and door dash in our area, and I've had good experiences with both as a customer. I tried grubhub once and it took over 2 hours to receive my food. I'm sure the service level varies greatly from area to area.

8. Pizzoun

Pizzoun New Member

Yes, it could be a bad luck too. Not sure, but also don't know how many more tests we want to run. From the customer viewpoint getting cold pizza after one hour (being 5 min. away) is pretty horrible.

9. Steve

Steve Active Member

I don't think we would ever bring in this type of delivery feature. Yeah, I'm sure there are people in our area using the different platforms but not being able to be in control of what happens with the food in transport would stress me out too much.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

sparrowspizza likes this.