Dough Scale

Discussion in 'The Think Tank' started by durbancic, Oct 11, 2017.

1. durbancic

durbancic Active Member

Just wondering what scale you guys use for weighing dough. We have used Rubbermaid / Pelouze scales for years, but need to replace our dough scale. It is getting slow weighing the dough and is a little inaccurate. Do you go with a digital or analog scale? We tried a digital for awhile (taylor te32ft) but the top kept coming off! What a pain. I like the fact that the analog is so fast, you can see exactly where its going to stop almost instantly. Thank you for your suggestions!

2. paul7979

paul7979 Well-Known Member

We've been using a Taylor THD32D with an air dashpot for quick stopping but the last time I needed a replacement I bought a Pelouze scale that absolutely sucks. The stainless platform snaps onto a platform below it and now comes off with nearly every dough ball. I just purchased two more Taylor dial scales for $75 each and will probably continue to buy these through the rest of my pizza years.

3. George Mills

George Mills Well-Known Member

I would go with Paul's selection.
    George Mills

4. jackaloo

jackaloo Member

A & D Digital scale. Works great .Just bought a new one from Zoro.com The 26lb capacity one
    Paul

Edit. It comes with a Stainless top which we discard and use the plastic below. Uses 4 D Batteries, we've never bought the A/C adapter