30, 60 & 90 Day Lazy Customer Mailings

We currently email weekly our online order customers if they have not ordered in 30,60 & 90 days with the following offers & results
[LIST]
[]30 Days ($3 off $10) 76% read rate & of those that open 58% re-order
[
]60 Days ($5 off $13) 73% read rate & of those that open 41% re-order
[*]90 Days (50% off a Pizza) 82% read rate & of those that open 44% re-order
[/LIST]
We are looking to target our lazy customers who are not ordering online with a direct mail jumbo postcards since we do not have emails for them.

I have two questions for the Tank.
[LIST=1]
[]Do you have any suggestions for me with our current online lazy customer offers?
[
]What would you do with the direct mail offers?
[/LIST]
We have been thinking about running some A/B tests with our online offers to test redemption and read rates to increase our performance. Some offers I have been kicking around for the 30 day offer would be “Free Delivery,” (we currently charge $2,75 for delivery.) For the 60 days we could offer a Free Jumbo Cookie that we sell for $4.99.

Thanks for the feedback!

I’d stay away from Free Delivery- even temporarily or as a special… it’s a slippery slope.

I would stick with the email system. You have great response rates.

We have great responce rates for the online, but that is only about 32% of our business. I am missing almost 80% of my lazy customers that I would like to increase average visit counts on.

We have great response rates for the online, but that is only about 32% of our business. I am missing almost 80% of my lazy customers that I would like to increase average visit counts on.

I am leaning towards trying “Free” offers like delivery, cookies or appetizers. Has anyone ever tested free overs vs the $ off promotions?

I have done these mailers but not for a long time. I stopped years ago. I was able to get good response rates but I never could determine if the customer would have ordered any way within their normal order frequency. I did see some sales increases but did not see any profit increases. I mostly did $ off coupons for this mailers. Sometimes a unique coupon that could easily be tracked. I was never happy with the results.

I also did non customer mailers where I mailed a coupon for a free pizza to addresses that had no order history. The response was in the 3 to 4 % range and most of them only ordered the 1 time. Live and learn.

I experimented mailing 90% of my lazy customers so I could compare the response rates of that group to the 10% I didn’t mail. Here’s a thread about it: Value of Lazy - Customer Mailings. For us it was about a 6% increase.

I stopped doing direct mail shortly after that, so I never experimented with different offers to see how they might change the response rates.

TexasRookie, what about test mailing an offer to drive customers to your online ordering? Then you also get the added bonus of folding them into a promotional system where you have a 40%+ reactivation rate.

When you say “reorder” what do you mean? I assume you mean place an order using the deal you sent them.

To me, the real and only question is - what happens next? Did you “un-lazy” them and they ordered again within 30 days after using your email deal? Or have they become permanently lazy, waiting for you to send them another lazy customer deal?