"30 minutes or...." ...it's back !

how can us independents take some advantage of this…

gotta give it to them, there system can deliver,

…Paul’s still the best… Bigger, Better, Faster.

Otis

http://crainsdetroit.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ … e-delivery

I can see it now…ad runs, and my local people get po’d because it took an hour to get their delivery…thanks Dominos :twisted:

what are most independents averaging on delivery times we usually run around 45 to an hour?

my average is 15 mins…but my town is only 2 sq miles

I’m not worried about their new campaign. I know I can do it faster and my pies actually taste good.

This reminds me of an exchange in the movie Tommy Boy with the late, great Chris Farley.

Tommy: Let’s think about this for a sec, Ted, why do they put a guarantee on a box? Hmm, very interesting.
Ted: I’m listening.
Tommy: Here’s how I see it. A guy puts a guarantee on the box 'cause he wants you to fell all warm and toasty inside.
Ted: Yeah, makes a man feel good.
Tommy: 'Course it does. Ya think if you leave that box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter.
Ted: What’s your point?
Tommy: The point is, how do you know the Guarantee Fairy isn’t a crazy glue sniffer? “Building model airplanes” says the little fairy, but we’re not buying it. Next thing you know, there’s money missing off the dresser and your daughter’s knocked up, I seen it a hundred times.
Ted: But why do they put a guarantee on the box then?
Tommy: Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of #*$&. That’s all it is. Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for right now, for your sake, for your daughter’s sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality item from me.
Ted: Hmm. Okay, I’ll buy from you.
Tommy: Well I… What?

Small take out/delivery store in small town Canada. We tell customers 45min to an hour. . Actual is low of 17 to high of 70 minutes depending on day/time.

The ad I got in the mail says 5/5/5…each for $5.55…The ad on TV says 5/5/5 each for $5.00?.. CONFUSED!

So the New ads coming out says 30 min…what happens when their undesirable customer base doesn’t get it in 30 min? Is it free…No. but I am sure customers remember 30 or free days. I know their not guaranteeing delivery in 30 but that probably is the general perception… CONFUSED again!

haarvik has it right on.

LOLm :lol:

I haven’t seen the ads, but the ad company that is doing this for them is sharp. The article I read doesn’t really seem to be pushing that delivery ONLY takes 30 minutes. Just that you have 30 minutes of time to do whatever you need/want to do. I don’t think the 30 minute number is going to be a big deal. This campaign from my initial look is just pushing time saving. The 30 minute reference is just a throw back in my opinion. I could be really off base, but that is my opinion. This will however once again train consumers that 30 minutes is the norm for delivery. No matter who they order from.

It appears to be a suggestive campaign to get people thinking “cheap and fast” is a good thing.
They aren’t saying it, but the message will be received loud and clear that they are faster, and
therefore better.