A Pirate's Heart Warming New Year's Eve Story

Avast Maties!

Behold not a tale of plundering and kidnapping as you might expect, but of a real life heart warming experience this New Year’s Eve, 2008 for this salty old pirate.

We were in the middle of the dinner rush tonight when I noticed two big boxes sitting up in the front of the store. I couldn’t think of anything I had ordered and so went and checked it out. My car toppers had arrived from Cabbie’s!".

<<We just converted over to our new name and concept on December 1st and are still getting all our marketing materials together>>

At first I thought “can’t wait to unpack these later and get everyone using them”, but then thought “why don’t I just stop what I’m doing and get them out there???”. So, I unpacked them and gave one to each of our drivers.

Later that night I took a phone order from someone who was still deciding what they wanted as they reviewed our website (temporary one until we try to get more fancy :wink: ). I let them know we had already closed but we could still do a pick up. She asked where we were and said it would not be a problem. The order had me wondering a bit how they were turned on to us because they were not in our computer and had obviously not been in the store to pick up a menu or see our sign.

About 20 minutes later she comes in and is all excited about the place because a friend had recommended it and the household loves pirates! (Agrrrr, got to like that :wink: )

So then we are talking about things that pirates talk about (of course) and she notices one of our car toppers on a shelf and says “that’s why I called tonight!”. She saw one going by her house and immediately called. (which explains why they didn’t know what they wanted yet)

Also, she was wearing a Pirates of the Carribean football jersey and wanted to know if we were going to be selling Buccaneer Pizza t-shirts! I told her I had ordered a few for friends and family but had not ordered a quantity to sell yet (funds are tight). Needless to say, I will be sending her a couple t-shirts as she signed up for the Buccaneer Fan Club while she was in :wink:

Well, I just had to share this experience with you guys. Its was truly heart warming and made my New Year’s Eve even though my family is off enjoying the evening without me. Hopefully it is inspiring to those who have not invested in passive advertising and be a voice of encouragement to those who have and ponder the benefits. $45 extra bucks from that order by just getting the toppers out right away.

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate’s life for me . . .

Yar…top 'em all for high profits and a weekend away with the family.

As a fan of indie shops, I hope this is a weekly (if not daily) experience for you.

Arrrrr A Pirate always fly his colors proud while on the open sea.
Glad to see ya arrrrr a proud Pirate!

Treasures await you this year (Happy New Year)!

Hmmm, but do you think I can work pirates into my “D.G.Sullivan’s” Irish theme? :smiley:

I can say that a car top sign is one of the best things you can do. We are always getting calls saying that they spotted our car at the neighbors and decided to order. This is part of the reason why I did the vehicle wrap, I thought if a sign on top can do that much, what would it be like if the whole car was the sign.

I like your logo also, the crossed pizza cutters is great.

Pizzapirate,

Just wanted to let you know that I hope you have a great run with your new concept. I think you have lots of room to work with on the theme. Pirates are used all over the place, but everyone LOVES pirates. So it is hard to go wrong. If you need help burying your treasure, let me know!