A question for George...and others...

Our new store will not have the ability to fry anything (no hoods), but I’m spoiled, as all my last spots I had the ability…

I’d like to find another ventless fryer (not an auto fryer), but yet successful…

I’ve seen the Quik-N-Crispy unit before, but I’ve also seen the Taylor Express…both might serve my needs…

Anyone have any experience with either?

Is there that great of a difference (in principle) between an impingement oven and the above items? (other than enclosed atmosphere/chamber and specific baking utensils).

Hi Patriot:

I have no actual experience with the auto fry type units. We have no clients using them.

You might consider a conventional fryer under a vent less hood. There are several manufacturers building vent less hoods.

George Mills

I’ve had a ventless fryer/self contained…luv 'em, but I’m looking on the cheap side…lol…

We really can’t do traditional wings (lease) so I’m looking to mimic a boneless wing, Italian style…

Was thinking I could Disney engineer a decent product using the MM 360, baking paper &a spritz of oil, twice thru…

Our gas should be on shortly, so I’ll get a chance to play shortly…

Most of our clients put wings and par fried potato items through the conveyor oven.

Air impingement ovens will work fine on about anything that will pass through the oven.

George Mills

Turns out…the Taylor Express unit I’m watching hasn’t been made for a real long time…great…lol…eventually, we’ll get a hood installed…I’ve also found an inexpensive ventless fryer, similar to what I had before…

Patriot’sPizza » I’ve also found an inexpensive ventless fryer

Please indicate the maker and model .

George Mills

It’s from Giles…an open basket 25# grease fryer…

My last one was from Crispy Lite…bought out by Wells…

I suggest a Henny Penny fryer. In my opinion, the best fryer on the foodservice market today. Used by high-volume chains like McDonald’s and others that have extensive R&D departments, alpha and beta test all manufacturers extensively, and thoroughy monitor and measure equipment field performance, service, parts, etc. Team up a Henny Penny fryer with a Giles ventless NFPA-96 hood and you will have the best of both worlds. Henny Penny is represented nationally by distributor-based organizations (versus foodservice dealers) that have culinary support, fully-outfitted demonstration kitchens, their own service technicians with trucks, parts stock. Henny Penny distributors do a lot of work with supermarkets and grocery stores, customers that are generally more demanding from a response and service standpoint than foodservice. Henny Penny will be far from the least expensive up-front, but a solid choice for long-term performance and life-cycle cost. :smiley:

Best regards,