A question of staff durability

Here you go:Anti Monkey Butt powder

I think Dave is offering to be the first PMQ Centerfold from down under?

[size=7]PMQ JULY 2010: WA DAVE IN HIS THUNDERWEAR FROM DOWN UNDERTHERE :stuck_out_tongue: [/size]

Nick, runners use something called Body Glide to prevent chaffing.

http://www.bodyglide.com/

If you have a sporting goods store nearby, or a Dick’s, they’ll probably have it there by therunning shoe department.

I went to Disney World back in February and someone suggested getting this to prevent chaffing because of the amount of walking involved on the trip. I went to Dicks and they were out of Body Glide, but they had the same thing and it was made by Adidas. It was like a stick of deodorant and you just rub it on. I can tell you from experience, it works.

Use anti-monkey butt powder I weld during the day so i swear by it. Great stuff

Mid-length briefs. You could also get your thigh area of your pants silk-lined (look at your suit pants).

The ace bandage idea seems pretty good, though I’d rather it be something like the wrist wrap (one long piece that velcros against itself instead of wrapping around).

I see people swear by “underarmor”, but I’ve never used it and it’s expensive.

I use powdered athlete’s foot spray. It burns a bit if you’re already chaffed, but the cold gives some immediate relief, the anti-fungal ingredient kills off anything that may have found a warm, moist home and the powder residue keeps things from chaffing any worse for several hours.

Am I the only person here that has never had this happen? I can’t believe there are specific products with names like “anti-monkey butt” to solve a problem I have never heard of! Am I doing something incorrectly?

Where are you at Piper?

Here in Kansas, we have 100 degree days with 75% humidity…add that with working next to a 460 degree oven and up here comes the chaffing.

Well there you go… I’m in what would be considered desert. I’m from Chicago so I’m well versed in heat and humidity, but I never worked in a kitchen in those conditions.

My wife refers to general funk as JBS (juicy syndrome).

Piper, have you ever known a person who sweats very little? You may be one of those. But let me tell you, when you’ve EATEN pizza like it was a job you wanted to outperform everyone else, you weigh a bit more. The more you weigh, the more energy it takes to make any movement. The more energy expelled, the more heat is generated. The more heat, the more sweat. If you already sweat profusely just by THINKING about getting on a treadmill, well, being in a hot area is just not fun. To top things off, some of them there pizzas go to your thighs. The bigger they are, the more they rub against each other. Fortunately, the sweat that forms also serves as lubrication so that the friction doesn’t start a fire (or the moisture puts it out immediately)…

Now, stop laughing.

Never though a post about something so personal, ucomfortable, untalkable can be so funny. :stuck_out_tongue:
Next time I suffer from this I will have a minute silence for all my co-sufferers around the world.

Dave