Advertise new owners?

I just bought a pizza franchise. This is the 4th in my family, so I’ve had a lot of experience in a pizza shop. This is the first time we’ve bought with a bad reputation. Do you think I should advertise that there is new owners as much as possible?

Yes! And let your food and service do the rest.

Absolutely. That might even be the main focus of the ads at first and then recede to a secondary message for as much as a year.

I hope this is ok adding on to this discussion, but how about the opposite? I am in the process of purchasing a pizza shop that has a good reputation in the community. It has been the same owner for 39 years, and is well known in the community.

I want to show new ownership, but I don’t want to hurt the business if people know that the current owner won’t be there.

the pizza shop I bought is actually the fourth in our family. The first one was purchased by my parents 10 years ago, and it was a very good business. We advertised “new owners” when we bought it, and I think it was a mistake because the numbers were already really good. People, especially regulars, were use to the way things were done and already use to quality product and service. In my opinion, advertising new owners on a good store might do more harm than good.