advice please

lunch special… any sandwich,ff,and a can of soda or fountain drink (free refills) for $6.37. everyday special… 2 16 inch plain pies and a free 2 liter soda for $14.95 pl tax… we use grande cheese,6n1,and bonta sauces. get rid of it or stay with it… good idea or bad idea

bigluke writes:

lunch special… any sandwich,ff,and a can of soda or fountain drink (free refills) for $6.37. everyday special… 2 16 inch plain pies and a free 2 liter soda for $14.95 pl tax… we use grande cheese,6n1,and bonta sauces. get rid of it or stay with it… good idea or bad idea

Though I can’t comment on the sandwich/ff special, I will tell you this:

I also use Escalon sauce, but not Grande cheese. My cheese is much less expensive at $1.54/pound. At $14.95, you are spinning your wheels. You might create some volume with a special like that but you are running close to 45% food cost, thus leaving you with very little room to cover the rest of your variable and fixed costs. Be careful when you choose to run pricepoint specials like this.

Suggestion:

1 16" 1 topping pizza $9.99. This will give you room to upsell extra pizzas, drinks, appetizers, etc. This special alone has a flashy pricepoint that will jump out at customers and is about a 10% savings in food cost versus your other special. Hope this helps. -J_r0kk

thanks for the advice but me and my partner are afraid if we take away these specials we might loose alot of buisness.

So, you made this post asking for advice without really wanting it? If you’d rather a pat on the back with a “good job” then here ya go:

pat on the back

“Good Job”

-J_r0kk

He didn’t want advice. He wants to know the future. Try these sites…

magic8ball.com

crystalball.com

I use them alot for many of our marketing decisions.

“Will a $9.99 16” 1-Topping bring in more customers ? ".
shakes ball

“Ask again later”

:lol:

[quote=“j_r0kk”]
So, you made this post asking for advice without really wanting it? If you’d rather a pat on the back with a “good job” then here ya go:

pat on the back

“Good Job”

-J_r0kk[/quot

that’s funny lol…

I don’t see why you would lose a lot of business, all you doing is changing a good deal for another good deal… customers are still going to be getting a good deal when they leave ur store, that’s all they want… even when u take off .50 of a pie, they get happy…