AI phone answering service

Anyone out there try any of the artificial intelligence phone answering systems? Had an intro call with one today. They answer on first ring, can take dozens of simultaneous calls and can route the order through my POS. I have a followup call next week to see if they can handle pizza orders like split half pizzas and combos and get some pricing. Was wondering if anyone is further down the road?

Woah sounds awesome I didnt know there was anything like this

Pizzacloud has something like this, I haven’t used it, but when I spoke to them a few years ago, it was best for simplistic menus, like a dominos. I haven’t revisited it with them since

The company is SoundHound and I don’t think they integrate with that many POS systems yet, Square is advertised, they claim they integrate with Toast, which I use. They demoed ordering a cheeseburger, adding fries changing the type of cheese. When asked about a pizza shop demo they just ordered pre-configured pizzas. We ran out of time and will reconvene next week to see if they can do half pizza orders with multiple toppings. We’ll see

Where did you end with this/what did you find out about its pizza ordering capability? Thanks

I did a demo of this a few weeks ago. The company, SoundHound has been around for a good while but the phone service only started in 22 I believe. The demo left a lot to be desired, the voice was way too robotic for a good experience

I didnt mind the robotic voice so much. I dont think they can handle half and half pizzas well enough. when i asked them for a full demo of ordering a 1st half 2nd half pizza they said they’d build it and get back to me. They never did

The rep I had said she would follow up with information and answers to some questions she didn’t know on the spot. Never did

Same with me. Not that it matters anymore :sunglasses:

1 Like

I think that eventually it may happen with chatGPT aí and etc… however at this point people get afrescares anytime they can’t talk to a person and specially if something gets misinterpreted due to an accent and therefore the order is messed up. The reviews would fly of the roof so I’m not into that…

I’ve talked to soundhound and will do a demo when they can get the voice to be less botty. I want to do a 2 week compare and contrast the orders versus the bots.

What you have to remember the bots may not be perfect …but neither are we or our employees… and I guarantee a bot will make less mistakes then the phone girl that has another line ringing and a table waving them down with a driver asking a question, or your oven guy that hopped to the phone that’s about to have 6 pizzas burn if they don’t get back to the oven… also remember the bot can answer more then one phone call at a time

I signed up with SoundHound March 13th. We are still not live; the last response was April 6 and they said I was going live that week. Haven’t heard a word. I’ve had experience with two other systems with mixed results. I had hoped SH worked better because there is a definite aversion by some people to use it.

would anyone use a texting-based solution? AI-enabled, no weird robotic voices, just something that responds to you like chatgpt, integrated with POS

Would be interesting at the least

love to chat and learn more about your needs here and show you some of the newest technology. Texting could be the solution to the phone problem.