Alexander Kjerulf

I’m not usually the touchy-feely type, but I really like this guy’s blogs and management philosophy, I think it is really applicable to the restaurant delivery industry and is right on as far as motivating people goes. His blogs about rethinking customer service are excellent and thought provoking, as are his thoughts on how to deal with jerks at work. Here are a few suggested highlights from his site, but I really recommend just browsing through the whole thing when you’ve got some time to kill, it’s free and worth the time.

The main site; http://positivesharing.com/

Top 5 reasons why “The customer is Always Right” is wrong

How to handle chronic complainers

Jerks at work - and five ways to deal with them

Many people here seem to have problems hiring and retaining great employers, and/or motivating the ones they do have, exactly what this guy is talking about. This is all excellent advice on his site, and again is free, I have no agenda here in posting it, other than agreeing with the guy and wanting to see his practices become more widespread.

A phrase that I heard once and use often (it might have been on this board somewhere)
is “The customer may not always be right, but they are always the one paying”
I’ll check him out. I’ll take all the help I can get when it comes to dealing with “special” customers!
Thanks!