Alfredo Sauce

A lot of cutomers have been asking for alfredo sauce for our pasta dishes. Anyone have some good recipes?

Thank You

Dominick in New Jersey

1 pint heavy cream
1/2 cup butter
2 tablespoons cream cheese
1/2-3/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon garlic powder

In a saucepan combine butter, heavy cream, and cream cheese.
Simmer this until all is melted, and mixed well.
Add the Parmesan cheese and Garlic powder.
Simmer this for 15- 20 minutes on low.
You may wish to season with a little salt and pepper.
I have done this with half and half, but we prefer the heavy cream.
I wouldn’t try it with plain milk.

Minor’s (bases) makes an awesome, fool-proof base…just add H20 & 1/2 'n 1/2…a tad pricey, but stores well for a week or more…you s/b able to get it thru any lg supplier…

You have a food cost handy on this? And number of servings?

1 pint of heavy cream
1/4 lb butter
2 oz grated cheese
1 egg yolk.

heat heavy cream, butter and grated cheese in frying pan… Then wisk the egg yolk in…

We buy it ready to go in bags, I think it’s land o’lakes? $53 per case, but worth every penny to me as making it was a pain in the a**

this is an offshoot of alfedo sauce known as a carbonara sauce. if you use this recipie you have to be careful with the eggs. You must continue whisking the mixture after adding the egg yolks to prevent the eggs from scrambling.

A traditional carbonara is even more risky from a food safety standpoint, because the egg is cooked only wih the heat of the pasta, and not over the flame. Great dish that some are pretty squeemish about.

Hello Dom,I’m not sure how much you’ll use but here is a recipe that I get a lot of compliments on …

1 cs. heavy whipping crm.
     6 llbs Butter unsalted
     2 1/2 C. grted.Locatella chse.
     3 C. buttermilk ranch dressing

this recipe will give you a 5 Gal.bucket of Alfredo that can also be used as a white sauce on your white pies,also mixed w/ red sauce and flambeed vodka you’ll have a very good vodka sauce.

Hope this helps you, Nikkademo

if you use pasturized eggs you should be okay as far as food safety goes.

Heavy cream, butter, pine nuts, parmesion cheese, a few garlic cloves and blend.
Next, heat till thickens.
amount of ingredients is up to you. The pine nuts help thicken the sauce.
Chow

if you’re using pine nuts as a thickener they should be pureed. Adding fresh basil would make it into a pesto sauce, which is actually quite good on a pizza.