an idea for phone line

Oh, I didn’t think about that at all. Shouldn’t the credit card processing be on Port 443 for SSL though? I’m curious now, I’m going to have to go look at my system.

I need the fax, when a customer orders online, it process and comes through the fax, my cc isnt set through my pos so dont know

Your credit card processing may not be secure? Too bad there isn’t a poster here who is knowledgeable about that! :roll:

https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/se … _list.html

This goes back to making sure the software you are using to process credit cards is the most current version.
Unfortunately, chances are, if you call your software company they are probably going to want to charge you to talk to them. Aldelo software points to port 80 and is PCI Compliant based on that. Can you point it to port 443? Yes. Do they recommend doing that? No. If you purchased your software and hardware from the same company, you can ask them to contact the software company to get clarification on which port is PCI Compliant based on your version.

Umm, using port 80 has nothing to do with being secure or not. It’s simply a doorway. Web browers don’t use port 80 when using SSL. But we are not talking about web browsers here.

It sounded like there was some concern about credit card processing security, sorry about that.

Oh, there was - my response was to Gregster. You were fine!