Annual PCI fee from cc processor

Got my August statement today and was charged an additional fee for PCI compliant($150). Processor states that this is a annual fee that all processors charge as a way to recoup “some” of their cost associated with PCI compliance.
I think it is just another b*&9&*it fee that they made up.

Anyone else been charged such a fee?

Unfortunately it’s the norm. It’s mandated, as well as mandated to get compliant.

However, at least ours will credit the fee back to you if you’re compliant. The fee is essentially the processor showing that they are actively enforcing pci compliance as well as to cover their liability.

The processor will get fined if they aren’t policing their compliance - so to show that, they charge this fee annually for those who aren’t compliant.

This fee had nothing to do with whether I am PCI compliant or not. It was a fee that they charged all their merchants so that they can “maintain the servers in Georgia and Nebraska” to keep them (the processor) PCI compliant.

At the end of the day, I still think this is an excuse for them to charge the fee and pocket and additonal $150 from each merchant.

Who is your processor? I would leave RBS Lynk if a charge like this showed up on my bill.

Mercury Payments Systems. Which is my only option for integrated processing with my pos…unless I want to purchase whatever is necessary to use pc charge or go back to a terminal.

PCCharge Payment Server will cost you about $80, and the connector from Inborne is $199. So about $280 to make the switch.

I HATE RBS LINK THEY ARE STONE COLD CROOKS. EVERY MONTH I WOULD GET A MYSTERIOUS CHARGE WHEN I CALLED THEY WOULD PLAY DUMB AND SAY THEY WILL REVERSE IT IN A FEW WEEKS I DON’T WANT A COMPANY THAT i HAVE TO MICRO MANAGE. AFTER I SWITCHED THEY CONTINUED T TRY TO DRAW MONEY FROM MY ACCOUNT EVERY SINGLE MONTH I ACTUALLY HAD TO CLOSE THAT ACCOUNT AND OPEN ANOTHER.

Check your agreement.
Years ago I used First Data. I had a charge in November for $95. The statement said it was for the holiday season and was to pay for them to have extra people. I told them I did not agree and according to my statement I could cancel if I did not agree, without penalty. They did charge me $500 early termination fee in December, I called and they reversed it in Jan.

Bubba

I’ve been with RBS for 2.5 years and thus far have been happy. They jacked the price a few months ago and I failed to see the notice on the two prior statements. I called as soon as I realized my price increased and they readjusted it to the original cost plus agreement. I was told that I should watch my statements in the coming months for a notice of an increase, and when it comes, just call them and they’ll cancel that increase. So far, they’ve been fair to me. If the time comes that mysterious charges appear on my statement, I’ll be switching to the first company that I can get a fair rate from.

If you’re able to use anyone - http://www.processingpoint.com is great. They will waive the PCI compliance charge if you’re compliant, and their fees are lower than anyone in the industry.

RBSLynx does not charge me for it…I have been with them for about 3 yrs now and totally agree with Paul…i am at cost plus $0.08

You are right about RBS.

[size=7]DO NOT GO WITH RBS!!![/size] or[size=7] STEVE SOEGAL[/size] from RBS.

pt