Any help appreciated, but specifically PJ HELP!!!

Anyone work or worked for PJ?

My store failed our first evaluation and a huge portion of it was because my pizzas didn’t get a score!

I am determined to learn what PJ expects, but I’ve been trained what the owner expects, and apparently, my “awesome pizzas” aren’t in spec with what PJ expects.

What my pizza failed on was edge lock, sauce lock, and cheese lock.

Apparently, my crusts were too big in a few spots which made the cheese and sauce lock look blown (per the evaluator).

My boss is freaking because I am “his best pizza maker” and everyone loves my pies.

I’m making them to the standard my boss set, but how do I find out how it compares to the PJ standard if I don’t see any literature in regards to this?

The way PJ does it, if you fail a second time, you get a 3rd evaluation. If that third evaluation fails, they can take your store from the franchiser and run it themselves…and considering the store I’m at grossed the most of all the ones he owns in the state the last 2 weeks, we’re afraid they’re being super picky to try to take the store.

HELP!!!

PJ has a clear circular disk that shows the standards. It is also in the manual.

Was it or was it not to their standard? If not, then start making it to their standard.

Not sure I see the problem here.

Drama tends to follow you around, doesn’t it?

Gee whiz registered guest, can’t I ask a simple question without you always trying to label me a drama queen?

Daggum, I already said there is no visible literature or materials there or I wouldn’t even be asking the question, would I?

The only “drama” I see following me around is your frequent mini-attacks.

contact papa johns corp office, ask them for help.

Apparently, my crusts were too big in a few spots which made the cheese and sauce lock look blown (per the evaluator).

Simple. Ask the evaluator for a copy of his standards and/or pictures. :slight_smile:

D’oh! I guess I could’ve, huh?

It was the first evaluation I’ve ever been through, so I was afraid to say anything but “yes sir, no sir”. LOL

You need to go to PJ’s and get direction from them as to exactly what they are looking for. You should even be able to request help in getting back on track. That’s the fun part of working under a franchise. You don’t have any say in the matter, YOU can make a terrific pizza that everyone just raves about, but if it ain’t up to their “specs” it ain’t “their” product, and they ain’t having no part of it. What they are working to achieve is system wide, store to store product consistency, just like McDonalds. Your store owner, or manager should have been trained by corporate in making the PJ approved pizza, but if they are off track, your only option is to go back to corporate for help, or risk their wrath.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

If you weren’t looking for drama you wouldn’t be asking your question here when you work for the dang company.

I think we all need to keep in mind that we are not here to critisize or label others in any way, but instead, to keep this site as the user friendly place that it is designed and managed to be. This is the place where anybody can turn to for help, or guidence without fear of being looked down upon or criticized in any way. After all, we were ALL there at one time or another. We’re all here to help and learn in a friendly and respectful manner, that’s what makes the Think Tank such a great place.

Good to see ya back around…I was thinking about you a couple of weeks ago. As for the drama…bring it on…we all have it, deal with it and post it. :stuck_out_tongue: Don’t have any help about the PJ question but agree that contacting the franchise would be a good start. (If the inspector left a number call him…believe it or not most inspectors of any kind like to help)

Kris

I think we all need to keep in mind that we are not here to critisize or label others in any way, but instead, to keep this site as the user friendly place that it is designed and managed to be. This is the place where anybody can turn to for help, or guidence without fear of being looked down upon or criticized in any way. After all, we were ALL there at one time or another. We’re all here to help and learn in a friendly and respectful manner, that’s what makes the Think Tank such a great place.

Tom always speaks with great wisdom.
I can only echo him.

George Mills

You are right. I shouldn’t have made the “drama” comment.

But seriously, for the main question posed by the original post, isn’t the obvious answer “ask them!”?

My franchiser does periodic reviews also. I spend hours talking with the reviewer and I have every opportunity to ask questions about the review. Surely PJ franchisees have that same opportunity.

Papajgirl - since it is the owner of your store that is affected by this, what has he/she said, and what has he/she told youto do to correct the problems? Your manager is who you should be looking to for guidance in this matter.