Anyone have a meatball pizza on their menu?

I’ve been toying with the idea, made a prototype for my employees, and am now thinking about adding this pizza to my menu. Since, I already have all of the ingredients, it seems like a “no brainer”; except that I just got done redoing my menus. My Printer is going to like me.

My prototype was a large (14") with pizza sauce, about 15 meatballs cut in half, red onions, green peppers, and mozz/prov cheese. It was delicious, but how can you go wrong with those ingredients?

Do any of you already have a meatball pizza? If so, how well does it sell?

I use fresh ground beef instead.

made one for awhile people that tried it loved it but just didnt make enough to keep on menu

We do not have a specific meatball pizza designed, but we do keep things like that for “off menu specials” and for customers who love them. Customers feel special being able to order something from the kitchen that isn’t on the list . . . we have several of them. The volume isn’t enough for menu space in my shop, though. Consider having an advertised “Special Pizza” “For limited time only” to see what response you get. It’s a marketing event that you can use to get your name in front of the customers, and throw another offer on the flyer/postcard/door hanger/whatever.

You didn’t mention the size of your balls. We use 1/2oz sliced in three and mozz/prov like you do. We get better coverage, and the smaller size makes them more bite friendly. 4oz on a 16" pie, and very good coverage with 24 pieces. There is something sublime about the chunky, meaty, tenderness of biting into a piece of meatball rather than crumbled ground beef.

We do a meatball pizza with mozz, meatballs(crushed), red onions, roasted red peppers and banana peppers.

Since we have a meatball sub, we also offer meatballs for a pizza topping. We mainly use ground beef since the meatballs gives a different taste.

We have seasoned ground beef as a topping as well as meatballs.

The meatballs are hand made by myself, and then crush on top of the pie…I guess almost in quarters.

If I were to add a meatball pizza as a specialty pizza I would use a different sauce with chunks of tomatoes. I think that would go over pretty well.

We have meatball as a topping and do a couple of combos with it. We use it instead of ground beef (hamburger) it tastes a lot better and is MUCH easier to handle. Ground beef is just nasty stuff.

sliced meatball, sweet peppers, and onions pizza

we call it Bob’s Outback Special

Otis