Anyone switch from hand tossing to dough rolling machine? Any notice?

Anyone switch from hand tossing to dough rolling machine? Did you or customers notice a change in dough taste or appearance? We are using a not to thin not to thick hand toss ny style dough?

I think it’s going to make a difference. The dough sheeter makes a different type of crust. It’s more flat, the air is pushed out of it. That doesn’t mean it’s not good. Just different. Ours is sheeted and we’re experimenting with a hand tossed option for something a little different.

Home Town What type of crust do you sell. Thin, Pan, Hand tossed style. Are you baking on screens?

We use the same dough for our sheeted super-thin and our hand-tossed, the final product is wildly different from each other.
I have read about people doing a single pass through the sheeter to finish by hand, but you got to make sure you’re not going too thin to blow all the air out of the dough or ot will be a flat cracker’ish crust

We had to start using a sheeter due to volume. It definitely makes a different pizza so we run through the machine and then have them sit at room temp for 45-1hr. It rises and becomes an identical product to that of a hand tossed product. We have 30-40 skins sitting out at all times ( constantly sheeting) during the busier times. From 2pm-4pm and after midnight we back off to probably half that.

Ours in thin, sheeted and cooked on lightly greased foil. We use a deck oven. I’m working on a hand tossed and pan now. I think my hand tossed will be on a screen halfway then finished on the deck for the 2nd half.

Do you see any other way of making a machine work without the wait time? If not and you use it directly from the machine what are the results? More dense? FLat? No rise in oven? totally different taste? And do you have any thoughts on this machine http://www.smrset.com/dough-rollers-cdr-2020.shtml

what I believe is the most critical step, is flattening the dough and still keeping it round. Mr Lehmann’s advice on teaching noobs; he said he likes to use to use a sheeter for that first flattening step when teaching, very little flattening, just taking it from a dome shaped ball of dough into a somewhat round, but flatter piece then teach how to hand stretch from there.
I’ll try doing it like that tonight, bake it next to a pie that was fully stretched by hand, and see what difference I notice, then report back.

Our style of pie has a very pronounced raised edge, what I do to get and keep that edge during stretching is to form that edge on the dough ball before doing any flattening, and once it is flattened enough to toss, it goes airborne to get it to size. Nothing acrobatic, just a nice spin and catch repeated until we hit size

It depends on what kind of crust/style you are doing. We do traditional NY pies and I would notice a huge difference to the point it wouldn’t be our pizza anymore. The point of hand opening/stretching/tossing is to leave air in the dough. The sheeter will degas the dough. We use a sheeter to roll out our dog biscuits. It works great for a perfect thickness consistency. Walter