Anyone Tried Car Magnets Like These?

http://www.magnetking.ca/PizzaOfTheDayMagnets.jpg

Sorry for the small image…

Royce
What would something like that cost?

I am thinking a local sign shop would be the best bet…Maybe 50 to 100 C$ for 4…

anyone ever put magnets on cars in a parking lot maybe use a napkin to protect the paint

Over the years I have put a lot of magnets on cars…Never had a problem with scratching the paint…The back of most magnets is vinyl…Sometimes I put them directly on and other times I put them in a cello envelope (www.uniquepacking.com) with a flier or wallet card…

I had a friend who had a magnet put on her car and it completely changed the paint color where they had placed it. The restaurant ended up having to pay for a new paint job.

Rachel are you talking about a “car magnet” that was left in place for an extended period or a “fridge magnet” that was “tagged” on a car in a parking lot and removed within a short period of time?..

There is no doubt that a “car magnet” left in place for an extended period can cause problems…But actually it is the paint not under the magnet that changes colour (fades) due to the suns rays…Much the same way as a picture frame on a wall…If it is in direct sunlight for an extended period and you remove the picture frame there is a distinct difference in colours…

Now as far a fridge magnets on cars…I have seen media reports of claims made against distributors like me and suppliers, however, I do not know of any instances where car owners have prevailed in court…

I’m not sure what kind of magnet it was but it completely discolored the paint within a couple days time (we were in college and didn’t drive too often). I’m sure there are magnets that work just fine but I would suggest people be very careful in choosing what to put on people’s cars.

We just got some made too…

They are 2 foot by 2 foot with 4 colors and they cost us only $20. If anybody needs them pm me and I will give you a number…