Artichoke Pizza

I had a few people request artichoke hearts as a topping or a specialty pizza. Anyone doing this, how does it sell? Can you give me some recipes?

I do not and have never had one.
What has worked for me is to experiment.
I find out I end up experimenting even after getting a “recipe”, eventhough that is a good start.
I hope you get some experienced replies,

Otis

We dice up artichoke hearts, toss with cooked spinach and a white sauce, top the crust with a decent layer of the mixture, and then follow with a mozz/provolone mix, bake.
:slight_smile:

Its really good, I must say. Its not the best seller, because (especially in my area, where if its not bleeding its not worth buying) advertising a “Spinach & Artichoke” pizza is hard, just because of the mentioned reason. But the young-uns like me really like it.

One of our good gourmet sellers is a pizza with chicken and plum sauce, artichoke hearts (marinated), sundried tomato, mushrooms, fresh tomato and herbs.

We marinate the artichokes in a mixture of white and white wine vinegar, water, herbs, salt, pepper and sugar.

Also use marinated artichoke kearts in some other gormet pizzas as well.

Dave

We call our special the A&WP after the train that was the boom of outr town in the 1850’s until the 1980’s. Also for Artichoke and white pizza.

Pie shell with garlic butter/margarine base sauce. Add sliced artichoke hearts, crumbled feta, and minced roasted garlic. Top with mozz/prov. I’d say we sell 6 or 8 a week, which is saying something for our shop volume. We also use them on salads and a pasta dish in dvelopment (meaing we’ve done it repeatedly at home and deciding when to make it a special at the shop):

Thin Spaghetti with garlic butter, sliced artichoke hearts, diced avacado, forzen peas (thawed, and not canned ones), a little feta and small diced tomato. IT is really a sublime little pasta dish that is light yet satisfying.

we just offer it as a topping and it has been getting more & more popular…what i have noticed is buying them whole instead of already quartered make them keep much longer and we just quarter them as we go

sell about 10-15 per week…
for a 14" pizza, the base is 11oz mozz, 1 oz minced garlic sprinkled over pizza, 3 oz extra virgin olive oil, 3 oz parmesan cheese.
top with 10 oz artichoke hearts, 1/2 of a roasted red pepper, and 1 torn up leaf of fresh basil. Big hit with the vegetarian crowd in my very blue collar community.