Away from the Think Tank

It’s that time of the year again when I pack the trailer and go off to chase down my years supply of fresh venisin chops. I’ll be leaving today, November 12 but I’ll be checking in periodically through the middle of January, when season closes, so please bear with me if I am slow to respond to any postings. Wishing everyone a great Thanksgiving and a Happy Holiday Season!
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Any wagers over whether or not Toms hunting camp site has an outdoor stone pizza oven? :?:

Also… how many people do you think the Dough Doctor has shot at while protecting his hot pizza that was coming out of the above stated outdoor stone pizza oven? :shock:

Hey Mike;
I’m not the camp cook because of my good looks!
I make a great skillet pizza in my 12-inch frying pan, and when I’m moved, I will also make some pretty decent skillet calzones too. I’ve also got one of the old, actually, just bought it a few years ago, Coleman collapseable, camp ovens that I use to make a variety of different kinds of cakes for dessert. For example, I will use a yellow cake mix, prepare it by adding water and shaking it in a martini shaker (actually, an old pancake batter shaker), then I add pieces of diced apple, and a hand full of chopped walnuts or pecans, I then put the batter into a cake pan and sprinkle the top with brown sugar before baking. I serve it right out of the pan as leftovers are but a wish. We do have one camp rule that we adhere to. Absolutely NO SHOP TALK, no computers, and cell phones are used only to talk to family members at the end of the day. I’m the only one in the group that isn’t retired yet, so that rule only applies to me. It’s a great opportunity to get your batteries recharged, deer or no deer it is still great to be able to get away from things. I consider it to be a real luxury.

With you cooking I am sure the deer will stop by. :smiley:

Tom it seems these days that anytime you get the chance to kick back and relax…jump on it and don’t look back. Have a great vacation and good luck with the hunt. :smiley:

Back from the hunt. The weather was warm and the deer nocternal so my opportunities were very limited. It didi make for some very enjoyable and relaxing days in the deer woods though, and that’s what really counts. I’m back in the office for a few days, then I go out again after some of those big Kansas bucks next week.