Bakers Pride Electric Deck oven

I would love to hear from anyone that uses 57"W x 36"D - EP, EB & ER Series Electric Deck Ovens.

I have been looking into these and can’t find much info.

I will be making NEW York type pies with pretty thin crust. I know My pies cook well in a similar gas deck oven, wondering if the electric version works the same.

curious about recovery as well on these units.

Thanks

[quote=“pizzacook”]
I would love to hear from anyone that uses 57"W x 36"D - EP, EB & ER Series Electric Deck Ovens.

Hi pizza cook:

First there must be some reason why you are considering those ovens. Would you mind sharing that with us/

I have been equipping pizzerias for about 30 years and have never encountered a shop using those ovens. I think perhaps that tells us something.

I cannot speak from experience with the ovens in question but generally speaking.

Electric ovens have always been more expensive to operate than gas ovens.

Electric pizza ovens are generally slower to recover than gas models.

Gas when combined with oxygen (burned) produces moisture. Electric ovens generally produce a dryer product.

Wish I knew more. Perhaps someone who has used those ovens will respond.

GEORGE mILLS

Thanks for the response.
I was making pizza in a night club kitchen. I was running my own business within someone elses club. It was a good start but I am now trying to open a delivery pizzeria of my own.

The reason I want to check on the electric ovens is that I can use a space without a hood. Here in San Francisco it is costly to obtain a space with a hood in place, and having one installed is even more.

Although., it sounds like I need to stick with the gas option.

You can probably find a used hood and have that installed. You shouldn’t need a fire supression system which is really where the big cost is. Gas ovens are self contained.

The money you save for one hood install you will recover in one year of using a gas oven.

Just my thoughts.

Kris

my electric bill on a dbl stack of CTX ovens is around $300/mo…altho they are a beast to set up & take a small nuc facility to crank it up, once hot, they run fine…no noisey blowers of a exhaust s u c k i n g out all the cool air…

I was looking at the EP series. Unfortunately for some of us, gas is not an option. I was intrigued because I saw on the sight somewhere that they could bake at 800 degrees. But the thing that changed my direction was the warm up time. 4 to 5 hours for the things to fully heat up. That was what I was told. I don’t feel like coming in that early.

[quote=“pizzacook”]

The reason I want to check on the electric ovens is that I can use a space without a hood. Here in San Francisco it is costly to obtain a space with a hood in place, and having one installed is even more.

The national code calls for a hood over any oven be it gas or electric. The object of kitchen ventilation is to remove the cooking vapors and heat.

There are cooking vapors and heat produced be you use a gas or electric.

I may be misinformed and have no direct experience, but I would think San Francisco would be enforcing the national code.

George Mills