Beat the chains to web address

We have a national chain here that started advertising their pizzas as “real pizzas with real taste” sometime last year. Since starting in our shop our catch phrase has been “Real Pizzas - Unreal Taste”.
When I started I purchased the domain names pizzapizzazz.com.au, .net, .net.au and .biz - .com was already taken.
Last year we initiated our website design and I looked at realpizzas.com and to my surprise it wasn’t taken by this chain, or by anyone. Immediately I purchased .com, .com.au, .net, .net.au and .biz effectively blocking them out of the name. Our web address will be realpizzas.com with all the other domains mirrored to it so customers can type in any of them and get to the website.
All I hope that down the line this chain keeps up their marketing under real pizzas and want to buy our domain names off us :twisted:
Dave

Re: Beat the chains to web addess

I have also thought about the ‘real’ sloggan put somewhere in a way to fight back to chains. now i’m disappointed that a big chain would use the word.

as for the domain thing… not sure I understood it all. if the TM name is RealPizza and your site is related to pizza, I would question a legal issue or domain squatting. but i’m guessing their business name isn’t realpizza

I see somebody using realpizza.com also. sooo no biggie I guess… not all that original.

No, their trade name is Eagle Boys Pizza.

Our domain is realpizzas (with an S) not realpizza

I know it’s not original but still blocks them out of using it, plus we have advertised real pizzas long before they used it and recent court cases have ruled in the favour of the original user providing they can prove use of the name. We have it on our menus, letterheads, business cards going back 3 years before they used it.

Dave

No, their trade name is Eagle Boys Pizza.

Our domain is realpizzas (with an S) not realpizza

I know it’s not original but still blocks them out of using it, plus we have advertised real pizzas long before they used it and recent court cases have ruled in the favour of the original user providing they can prove use of the name. We have it on our menus, letterheads, business cards going back 3 years before they used it.

Dave

I like your slogan … I just mean that the URL is used in another way too without the ‘s’

Do they own other domains you know about? I duno if they would go thru the trouble, as it isn’t their main domain. Sure they could have pointed the URL to their main site just in case somebody wants to type in realpizzas.com, but I think thats only what it would be good for, As the domain wouldn’t be ranked in google since its only a pointer domain. I beleive.

http://www.realdominos.com/ is available. for example, does dominos own more than one domain in the USA? just thinking out loud

edit. ahh i see what you mean. you own both realpizzas and realpizza.