Big Holler Tech Support Email - Anyone Know It?

I’ve been trying to send in some changes I want done to my online ordering. As is usually the case when I deal with them, unless I owe them money, I don’t get a call back. Tried emailing them on their website and the form won’t send either.

Anyone know an email address for their tech support?

The email for G.R. Homa Managing Partner is gr at bigholler dot com maybe you will get some action out of him.

what changes are you wishing to do? Many of those changes can/should be done by you…that is the secret of BH!

BH handles only a few things that you can’t do yourself…

You may need to have some of the ‘permission’ re-set for your account…

I too have had numerous problems with the site and can never get anyone on the phone. I would love to get “permission” if they would just respond or call back.

PP - I love doing things on my own instead of asking other people to do it, especially when it allows me to adjust on the fly like I tend to do. But, except for Yellow Pages, they’re my least favorite group to deal with. I really wish POS had a second vendor that we could play off each other. Every time I call into BH, IF I actually talk to a real person, they just want to pass me off to someone else or just cannot believe I want to waste their time with trivial things like getting my website to accept orders because they don’t have the right IP address on something or other.

I must be the lucky one…99% of the time I get the person who 1st was assigned to my account…sometimes I get voice mail but I never leave a message…that generally means they are in a meeting (so I’m told)…

After I got up & running, I rarely had to call for tech support…only when they were doing new features to the system…