BigHoller / P.O.S. email marketing

Not currently using either, but just wondering what type of email marketing capabilities are built into BigHoller or Point of Success. Right now we have online ordering that is not integrated with the point of sale that we use. But when a customer places an online order, it syncs to our mail chimp email marketing account with their last order date, last order amount, etc. Is there anything available like this? How are email addresses handled in POS or BigHoller? I placed a demo order on BH & it just said the email address is just for sending the email confirmation. Is there no customer account signup required? Or was that just for the demo order?

Thanks for the help guys. May want to switch in the near future, but don’t necessarily want to lose some capabilities that we already have.

Thanks!

Dan

POS has simple reports that let you export customer info (online orders too) into mailing labels or a file…simple & easy…

i use the report to send a thank you text to get them used to my text blasts…

Patriot’s…does Big Holler provide you with the email addresses for the customers who order online? Are you required to setup an account to place an order on Big Holler?

-dan

Big Holler interfaces with POS, so the emails are right there on your server…

you can ‘force’ folks to register 1st, but i didnt…it really is a great easy system…

you need to pay BH a monthly fee, but its cheap…less than $100 for new users…set-up is $150 I believe…

another great thing is you can add your own photos to the online order system…pretty cool…

to get into the advanced features will require a little thought & effort, but I’m 200% satisfied

Any way to use API’s to sync your database with something like mailchimp? I know this is going into advanced database management type stuff. How much access do you have to the database? I am sure you are able to access it, but any way to have an automatic sync or export?

Thanks!

Dan

I extracted my DB info from POS to mail chimp once…they’ll clean it up for free, but the click thru/open rate is weak…

Weak as opposed to what? The text marketing that you usually do?

the open rate on many emails is less than 20%…not bad, but not great…

text marketing is 100% open rate…but you must be VERY careful in your initial attempts…

text marketing has its place, but it depends on your market & how you use it & collect #'s…

when i had mt college store, text marketing was used extensively and I also had a strong neighborhood base…very few complaints/opt outs…