Billboard Advertising Campaign in Denver CO

http://adweek.blogs.com/adfreak/2010/08/denver-pizza-billboards-trash-dominos-ads.html

beat me to it Royster

man this is awsome what aggresiveness with no direct link to the corpos love it wish i had them around here would repeat it here

dennis

I f@#*ing LOVE IT

I love it, wish I had the balls to run something like that.

We used to put another pizza place’s phone number on our menus…Along with the slogan…When you want “cheap” pizza for the babysitter and kids call 555.555.5555 (other guy) When you want “quality” pizza for your invited guests call 555.123.4567 (us)…Drove the other guy nuts because our prices were at least 40% higher and we did not do 2 for 1 pizza…

When we took over, the other guy said he would always be cheaper than us so he put out new menus with even lower prices than he had been selling for…We led him to believe we would beat his prices by 1.00 or so but we actually came in with higher prices than our town had ever seen…It was such fun “playing” with him…

PS…Some days I really miss the pizza business and working nights and weekends…lol…

I know its a little off topic but this reminded me of a insident a few years ago…

Much as I love the idea of putting a competitors number on my menu… I have both of our stores details on the same menu. Both stores are shown with the town name, address and delivery areas. Both shops have different area codes. I simply can’t make them any clearer that they are two different stores.

When we stared to do this you wouldn’t believe the number of people who rang the wrong store to order. The frustration when a carry out customer turns up but we have no record of their order, but figured out after a while to check with the other shop…

One night a really rude customer was absolutely screaming at one of the female crew one night. I stepped in, to be told that she had ordered over the phone but had been told that we had no record of it. I calmly and politely asked if she had definitely called this store rather than the other as some people mistaken called the wrong store.

She suggested that ‘only a moron would do that’, and she was more than capable of reading a menu correctly. I so wished that her order was at the other store so picked up the phone and told her I would check. Whilst I was dialling she started off again how stupid I was wasting her time checking with the other store. When I got through I asked the lady for her name, she confirmed it and the other store confirmed they had got an order waiting for collection in that name. By now we had a few customers waiting for their orders and you could tell they were also looking forward to this. I told her we had an order in that name and I repeated back both the order and the tel number that the order was made from. Absolutely fantasic!!! She looked very sheepish. I suggested she owed my instore and apology - which she did and then I told her to collect it from the other store and I also got the opportunity to use the ‘only a moron’ bit in there as well. Normally I’d have remade the order for them but in this case I wasn’t going to. She did go to the other store bless her!!

Moral of the story be careful what you put on your menu as quite a few people simply don’t read them and I’d hate for a customer to order from the competition thinking it was us!