Boneless Wings?

I’m looking to add boneless wings to my menu. Is there a frozen product out there that can go straight from the freezer into the fryer? For those of you have them, how do you do your boneless wings?

I’ve tried about 6 different boneless wings, and all of them went from freezer to fryer.
We do ours the same way we do the wings, they get tossed in sauce before serving.

I don’t know what brands you have available to you, or what your operation is. but some we tried were very good after they were first mixed, but taking them home the breading turned to mush. Some tasted better dipping in sauce than others also. So whatever variation of this you want to do, you should find something to fit in.

I Have tried a lot of them the one that works best for me in the fryer and saucing is plain boneless Wing Dings by pierce www.poultry.com/products/wings/boneless-wing-dings-2

Something to kow about is the term “fritter”. In the food service industry, it means a product that is 30%+ breading by weight. I think that is the correct %age. That product will be crunchier, and will stand up to saucing a whole lot better. Self-breading raw chicken will require a couple extra ‘layers’ to get a sturdy enough coating to stand up to heacy saucing, but the frozen deals work wonders these days. Hand-breaded has so much more flexibility and customization of flavor . . . frozen is convenient for a non-critical menu item.

We have used to some success a Gold Kist/ Pilgrim’s Pride product. Manufacturer number 7078, I believe. 4 minute fry for a whole muscle product; tastey plain or sauced. The pierce product above is pretty good as well, with more consistent sizing.

I’ve resisted boneless 4 yrs…as there is NO such thing…

I finally succumbed and we take our fresh tenders & cut 'em up…dredge 'em/fry 'em - sauce on the side…

Sadly, we do a Wild Wing$day Wedne$day & sell 1 lb. for 3.99 & 1 lb. of fries for 2.49…go thru almost 2 cases…

Thank you guys for your responses. Unfortunately my supplier doesn’t carry a frozen boneless wing. I found the Wing Ding Frozen Boneless Wings, that gapizzaman mentioned, at a one of Maine’s stores in my area today. It takes 40 minutes to get to that store so I don’t really want to make a special trip every week just for them. Plus they were over $3.00 a lb. What is your guy’s cost and what do you charge for them?

Nick, my supplier does carry fritters. If I cut them up and fried them, could they pass as “boneless” wings?

ask your supplier if they carry an all white meat chicken nugget, maybe some suppliers aren’t using the “boneless wing” as a descriptor. The ones I tried were from Pierce, brakebush, wing ding and kochs, at least those are the ones I remember the names of.

Not likely. Try asking for a “bonless chicken bite” or tell your rep you need a whole muscle breaded chicken prodct that has .85 to 1.25 oz pieces . . . give or take. They GOTTA have something in their inventory given the incredible popularity of this sort of thing.