Bread sticks?

greynz

Hi, firstly please excuse my ignorance but I see a lot of places talk of bread sticks, garlic knots etc… Not really seen in much here in NZ but seems common place in US, & using left over pizza dough?
So are you guys frying them?? or baking? Do you add anything to the dough?? Dips etc?

Looking to add to our sides, currently just fries, wedges & garlic ciabatta.

Thanks 🙂

Last edited:
We do breadstix and cheesebread. We just use a medium dough ball and make it into a 10" (small). For the breadstix we just stretch it into a rectangle and cut a little off the top and bottom and throw it in a pan. For the cheesebread, we just add butter then cheese and throw it in on a small screen.

Normal pass thru the oven, cut and done (the breadstix we lightly coat in butter then add parm and garlic salt).

Last edited:
Ok thanks, don’t know why but i was imagining deep frying! Will have a play 🙂

Last edited:
Baking. We bake them and then coat them in our garlic butter sauce. Then we refrigerate them and heat them up before we serve them.

Last edited:
I have deep fried them for a customer and they are really good! I normally bake ours 1st by putting on garlic butter and Parmesan cheese and in the oven for 6 minutes. Serve with a side of warm pizza sauce or Ranch dressing.

Last edited:
I have deep fried them for a customer and they are really good! I normally bake ours 1st by putting on garlic butter and Parmesan cheese and in the oven for 6 minutes. Serve with a side of warm pizza sauce or Ranch dressing.
In September I was in the Lake Como area. At a restaurant in Lecco (Soqquadro) they had pizza dough fried in balls about the size of a large grape. The best bread based dish I think I’ve had. It was served with hummus.

Last edited:
Back