Cajun Pizza?

Our town is having a Cajun Fest this Saturday and we are selling pizza slices at it. They wanted to have a kid friendly option and something for people who don’t want cajun food. I am doing my regular cheese, pepperoni, or sausage pizzas, but wanted to offer something unique for the event. Any ideas of a pizza I can offer that has a cajun flair?

You could easily go with crawfish tails and a southwest seasoned cream sauce, diced bell pepper, minced cilantro, diced tomato, such like that . . . maybe a touch of smoked sausage. Shrimp would go well, too. You could use Zatarain’s or Tony Chachere’s seasoning for the seafood bits.

Low Country Boil pizza with one of the above seafood, diced new potato, whole kernel corn, small diced smoked sausage, some lemon pepper seasoning, maybe fine diced onion and/or minced garlic.

These are kinda fancy, but would make a statement to adults!

Nick’s kinda on target, but…altho I worked in Nawlins’, crawfish is a challenge…

Think more about an Andouille sausage…pricey tho…

Think red beans & rice…purée them as your sauce base…add some sliced hot Italian sausage/peppers/onions…or some combination…

Maybe a Cajun alfredo sauce…

Think Popeye’s chicken…a spicy red, country gravy or BBQ sauce, peppered/grilled chicken breast…

In any case, I reckon it’ll only be a small portion of your overall sales…