Can you guys PLEASEEEEE look over these ovens on ebay for me

http://cgi.ebay.com/MUST-SEE-TRIPLE-DEC … dZViewItem
This seems like a steal to me or am I not seeing something right.It’s only 100 miles from me as well.I realize that the price will go up in the next 40hrs but X2’s are around 20K new.I was also wondering why these don’t have the side windows.
Thanks
Derek

Re: Can you guys PLEASEEEEE look over these ovens on ebay fo

Derek,

Yeah, I saw those ovens as well. It’s a little over-kill for me but I am curious to see how much they go for. If you can get them for under $12k you’ve got a steal. What price are they up to now? -J_r0kk

the top ovens were originally called “E-Flow” until Linc bought out the company…can’t say I’ve heard great things, but I’m sure it’ll do the job…

personally, I’d pass…too much horsepower there…but I’ve had great success on ebay…

also, I personally don’t care for that seller…

The E-Flow is a good oven. It is a large, high capacity oven, but a good one. Lincoln bought them to get into the larger oven market. Patent agreememnt made early on between Lincoln and Middleby Marshall have prevented Lincoln from building the larger size air impingement ovens to compete with Middleby, so they just bought a company making a larger oven. Think E-Flow spelled backwards.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Hi Derek:

Those must be Lincolns very first attempt to build that model.

Apparently being sold as is. No warranty. If you get them cheep enough you may have a bargain. I would say to myself why did these ovens come on the market ?

If you get them let us know how they perform.

George Mills

So are these ovens older then?I assume the original name is Wolfe.My plan would be to keep the top 2 and sell the bottom one,As I highly doubt I would even need that kind of volume.As of last night, my plan was to buy 2 linc 1450’s Refurbs for around 13K
Thanks so much for looking
Derek

jrokk, they are still at $3K
Derek

Derek:

So are these ovens older then?

I don’t recall when Lincoln began building that model but It was not more than maybe 7 years ago.

I assume the original name is Wolfe.

The origin of the oven was the Wolfe Electric Co. They sold it to another company, name escapes me, and then they eventually sold it to Lincoln. Wolfe now makes the XLT oven under the acronym BOFI.
George Mills

I use a lincoln x-2 and it cooks well. It is a bit louder than other ovens, but probably not as loud as a doublestack. George mills likes to tout the energy savings of the xlt’s(which I also have and prefer to the X-2), but the X-2’s offer real very significant energy savings. My 3270 is a 200,000 BTU oven, while a doublestack of most any other oven this size would be 360,000 btu’s. I saw a large savings on my gas bill with the X-2 as opposed to the Middleby 570’s I replaced with it.

As far as this particular auction, I would check with the seller to make sure these are Lincolns as opposed to E-flows. They are pretty much the same, you’ll just have a better idea of the age. I can tell you that these are not the oldest of the E-flows, because it has a digital tem controller, but it is also not the most recent of the X-2’s because they don’t have separate speed and temp controllers. Also check to make sure whether these are single or three phase. I’m not sure about the lincolns, but many of the E-flows used three phase blower motors which makes them unusable for some operators.

Let me know if you have more specific questions about these. I started using an E-flow in 1997 and purchased my X-2 in 2004. I am very familiar with these ovens and would happily share any info to help your decision.

Looks like the one has the LI tag on it.So you have both ovens?What would be the most to pay for these ovens and can they be easily serviced?

Derek

Yes, I currently have a linciln x-2 stacked on top of an XLT. As far as service goes, these are older X-2’s so all parts should all be available from grainger. They are not the most reliable conveyor ovens, but you shouldn’t have too many problems especially if you can maintain them yourself. I had problems with my original eflow within a few months. one of the dart speed controllers went out quickly. After 6 months I replaced the blower motor. The spockets that come off the conveyor motor and the ones that turn the conveyor belt wore out quickly. I went through conveyor motors for a period of time until I found that at faster speeds I was putting too many amps through the motors. Most of these problems were a one time problem that never reoccured after fixing it once. With the X-2 I purchased a few years ago, there are more propritary Lincoln parts. The only problems that I have had are a recurring problem with the high limit safety switch that I have since bypassed, and some spotty problem yet to be determined with a speed controller or sensor that makes my bottom belt race much too fast at startup every once in a while. A quick flip of the power button corrects this.

As far as value of these ovens, they never seem to sell for as much as Middlebys. The three phase eflows are not at all desireable to dealers, but will save you electricity if you have three phase available. I sold my eflow 3870 on ebay for $7300. It was working in my shop and a few bidders came to see it operate. Always get a premium for an item that you can show to be working. It also had the window, which will turn off many potential buyers of these ovens. These do have some added value as they are split belts. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see these sell for as low as 3K per deck or as high as $5500 per deck. I saw over the weekend this same seller got just over 7K for a middleby 570, which is very close to wholesale value.

$3400 guys and only 7 hrs left.
Paul are these efficent ovens?
Derek

Here’s a relpy I got from the seller with some questions I asked:

Paul,

Thanks for your email. The serial numbers for the Lincoln Decks are 600225 and 600110. These are currently set up for Natural Gas and the electronics are 1PH, 208/240V, 60hz, 13amp.

Our packaging fee is a nominal $4.95 per order.

Also, for the sake of full disclosure, I’ve been informed that these ovens were actually manufactured by E-Flow, then re-branded as Lincoln (both are now under the same parent company, Enodis).

Hope that helps, thank you.

I would think that each deck will use a little more electricity and gas than a single lincoln 1450. Each will cook almost 3 times the pizzas of a 1450, so you probably won’t have to turn on the second oven very often. Compared to running one 1450, probably not efficient. Running one X-2 as opposed to two 1450’s I would definatly think more efficient. The thing I like best about these ovens is the fact that I do not need to worry about someone deciding not to turn on the second oven on a busy shift or for a large order.

Our packaging fee is a nominal $4.95 per order.

Is this a misprint?
Why charge anything if its only $4.95.00

Also, for the sake of full disclosure, I’ve been informed that these ovens were actually manufactured by E-Flow, then re-branded as Lincoln (both are now under the same parent company, Enodis).

If the ovens were manufactured by EFLOW they could be many, many yeas old . E flow made ovens for several years and there were several years between when EFLOW sold out to some other company in Kansas and then that company sold to Lincoln.
George mills

George
In 1997 I purchased a new eflow that was manufactured after I ordered it. It came with an analog temp controller. These ovens for auction have a digital temp controller so they are certainly no older than 10 years.

I also was sceptical about the $4.95 packaging fee. Doesn’t seem quite right.

paul7979

Good observation.
George Mills

Less then 1 hr left to go and at $4K.What should I pay for these as I know the will start moving in the last few minutes.
Derek

I was bidder 6 and went up to $8,350 increasing by about 500 every 30 secs.
Went for 8450
Derek

hope that the person who purchased those will report back to this forum with his results.
George Mills

Pizza master used to be a regular contributer to the old think tank under a different name. I think he’s in Maryland or VA. I spoke with him when I sold my Eflow 3870. Hopefully he’ll let us know how they worked out.