CCTV

Hi, I was wondering how many of you guys use CCTV in your store. I have been thinking about getting a system. I would want mine to be able to be viewed online. Is there a company you like?
Thanks

I put one in my store about a month ago. Used a company from Jacksonville, FL about 90 miles away. 7 cameras, DVR, internet viewing, install, training all for $3000.

i just bought 1 off ebay 4 cameras dvr monitor had to install myself

Bought mine from Costco and installed it my self. $400 and 2 hours.

I use a PC-based 4 camera DVR system. I paid about $300 for it and installed it myself in a few hours. I view online and keep the video up on my laptop and watch it frequently. It keeps honest people honest and I call in every week or two to tell someone to get to work. This keeps the fear of god in them. I wouldn’t be without it.

You want to instill the fear of god in your employees? That sounds like it would have the added benefit of increasing turnover.

WE HAVE NEW DVR… 4 CAMERA WITH REMOTE VIEWING FROM ANY PLACE ON EARTH… GOOD I WILL RECOMANDE TO YOU… ONE THING THAT YOU MUST DO WITH IT IS INSTALL AUDIO FUNCTION FOR SOUND… AND 19 IN FLAT T.V IN FRONT LOBBY WAITING AREA FOR CUSTOMER THAT HAVE ONE CAMERA FOCUS ON CUSTOMER SO ITS FOR SAFTY OF YOUR STORE. FOR EMPLOYEE…THAT KEEPS ALL OF THEM ON TOE AND WOUNDER IF BOSS IS LOOKING AT THAM IN AT ANY TIME.

check with your attorney about the sound aspect
in most states it is not legal to tape any conversation

also some require a sign be posted

Here is a 9 camera DVR system from Costco

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.as … rowse=&s=1

As the next poster correctly informed, it is illegal- not only in many states, but it is already a federal law. You WILL be facing a great deal of fines and possibly jail time if one of your employee or customers reports you. Additionally you subject yourself to civil suits by employees customers.

I may be wrong but you can simply not ‘record’ the sound but still have a microphone for real time use?

Yes, you are wrong. Federal law specifically prohibits the interception of oral communications. The inteceptions need not be recorded to be in violation of federal law.

For more information see 18 USC 119 section 2511. http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode18/usc_sec_18_00002511----000-.html

DUDE
TAKE IT EASY ON YOUR EXITEMENT…I ONLY HAVE 4 CAMEAS BUT NO AUDIO ON IT…ONLY WAY I WAS SUGGESTED BY COMPANY THAT INSTALL MY SYSTEM … I HAD ALSO SEEN AT MAJOR GAS STATION IN CALIFORNIA USE IT WITH AUDIO FEATURE …BUT ANY WAY THANKS FOR YOUR INFO

dude???

Wow. Just about every person born in the past 20 years could have had thier parents arrested! Those baby monitors are no doubt in violation of that law! :shock: