Charging tip percentage on large orders

I’m wondering how many people charge a percentage on large orders. for instance, if an order comes in of 10+ pizzas do you automatically do a surcharge on that? If so, what percentage?

We usually add 15% gratuity to a large order like that.

1 Like

Curious about the large order gratuity. How many of us discount larger orders? If we do are we simply trying offset the discount with a gratuity?
If a customer is paying full price for 10+ pizza what is the rationale for charging a gratuity?
Are we not happy with a 10+ pizza order at regular prices? 10+ pizza orders are not exactly catering orders.

1 Like

I agree with not penalizing a large order with an automatic tip %. We no longer discount any orders no matter how large. We have a loyalty program that we promote instead that makes things much easier and levels the playing field for all customers. My drivers are making over $30/hr after tips, etc so they are making enough money even thought they occasionally get stiffed on a large order. They always bitch and complain about those but somehow don’t remember all the 20% tips on huge orders they smile about…
That brings me to another point. So when we get those huge pizza or catering orders I started a rule that drivers get $50 max tip per order. The remaining tip goes to kitchen staff (not owners/managers) that helped prepare the order…seems fair to me right?

1 Like