Chicago Style help

My sales where recently on the up swing, and I now have a local competetor opening 3 blocks away, trying to steal some sales. insead of waring on price I am going to try new offerings, I have just up until recently offered traditional hand tossed pizza, am now trying to offer deep dish. can anybody assist me with developing a system for making and possibly parbaking doughs, I am completly unfamiliar with proofing styles, any assistance would be apreciated.

Play around with a recipe you like and then what we did was to make the dough, let proof at room temp for an hour or two. We then sheeted on a sheeter to a certain thickness, put in pan and let rise to about a quarter inch thick and then they went into the refrig. The next day we pulled them out, let me warm a little and just start to rise and then we par baked in a deck over for 4 minutes. We keep up to 5 days this way. The advantage is that it only takes about 10 to 12 minutes to cook the deep dish after it is par baked. Hope this helps

at what temp do you par bake?

I have been able to parbake and then cook for 5 and a half minutes, my only issue is that I have been haveing issues with the proofing of my dough, one question is how much dough do you use for a 14" large, I have been playing around with the idea of 20oz, letting proof for 4 hour or so then par baking it. my issue comes that when I parbake it the center usually collapses. I have tried parbaking it then letting cool before pulling from the pan but I still end up having issues. any help here would help. I am also trying to parbake the bottom crust to a chicago style but am getting now where fast. help here would be great.

You can find formulas in the RECIPE bANK, then to par-bake you will need to set the oven temp at 400F for a deck oven or 375F for an air impinger. Some deep dish crusts don’t need to be docked before baking so you might want to try it first without docking. If the crusts blister too much or bubble, docking should correct the problem. Bake for about 4 minutes, or just until the crust begins to turn brown. Check the baked crusts for any signs of collapse (kinda looks like a grease spot in the dough. If you see any, you will probably need to reduce the baking temp slightly and extend the baking time by 30 to 60 seconds. Remove the baked crusts from the pan immediately after baking and place on a screen or wire rack to cool. Store at room temperature for later use. The crusts can be stored for up to three (3) days this way. To bake a pizza with the par-baked crust, place it back into the same size pan it was par-baked in. Be sure to put a little oil into the pan first. Dress the crust as desired, and bake at 450F in a deck oven or 425F in an air impingement oven. Remember to use a dark colored pan.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

WoW. Thanks Tom, I had no idea that I could let the parbaked dough sit out at room temp, I figured that it would start to mold. Of the Recipe bank recipies is there one that would work for both a parbaked deep dish as well as a hand tossed. I know this seems like silly questions but I have been having the most difficult trouble coming up with a deep dish that I really like. Thanks