Cinnamon Sticks

Sorry to bring the same topic again but I wanted to get a few ideas from others on the best way to make Cinnamon sticks in a conveyor oven and if they make there own icing to dip the sticks in or do you get it from the store/supplier?

I will try and experiment tonight with making them but any help or instructions would be great!

I also forgot to ask how you package cinnamon sticks? Wrapped in foil? a Pizza box?

We sale a lot of cinnamon sticks and they are easy to make.

1. 14 oz. dough ball on a 10 inch screen, cover with butter
  2. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar - 4 parts sugar 1 part cinnamon - 5 parts sugar if you want it super sweet
  3. Run halfway through the oven
  4. Place in 12" box & cut
  5. Cover with icing or put the icing on the side in a 3 oz. cup.

We buy our icing from Sysco or Roma, it comes in pouches that make it easy to squeeze.

We make connistix like our bread stix…cut a flattened/elongated 13 oz DB into strips…spritz with H2O and douse with cinnamon sugar…run 1/2 thru the oven & drizzled with homemade icing, in a 12" lined box…

So you put the butter and the cinnamon sugar first on the soft dough? I am guessing you melt the butter first, brush it on and then sprinkle the cinnamon.

I was originally going to put the dough in the oven half way, spread the butter on and then sprinkle. Does it matter which order you go, or does one method turn out better than the other.

Also, should I cut the dough before it goes in the oven (use a roller on the uncook dough) or just leave it in it’s pan and after it’s baked cut it on the cutting board.

I will of course try both ways.

You put butter on as well? So cinnamon on first when the dough is baking oppose to after?

No butter…water…I’ve used liquid Marj b4, but it can burn in the oven…water helps the cinnisugar to stick

We divide the dough into 1.5 to 2-ounce pieces and roll under the hands to form into a hotdog shape and size,place onto a lightly oiled (butter spray oil) sheet pan and set aside to rise for about 20-minutes.Then lightly spray with water and roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place onto screens and bake until lightly browned. For the icing, it is so easy to make your own, just mix powdered sugar and water together until it has a smooth, creamy consistency, then add just a little salad oil to the icing (prevents it from setting up too hard) and a cap of vanilla flavoring. Immediately pour into plastic jug that you can pour from to fill the plastic cups, on demand, or just skip the plastic jug and immediately fill the plastic cups and apply the lids, inventory for use later in the day.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

My mind automatically converts when I read this forum “butter” to “liquid margarine”. For many, it is shorthand, and won’t confuse the cooks since there is often no real butter in the shop.

You have a couple choices, really for form: bake as a pizza or other shaped dough with the fat/water and sugar topping before baking . . . . or roll as individual units like Tom describes and roll and moisten with fat/water and roll in sugar topping before baking. As long as you don’t go too long, you will not burn the sugar. I use liquid margarine as a buffer to make the sugar/cin stick, and to reduce burnage. We get a sort of caramelized effect. If going in whole dough, it is personal preference whether to score or not . . . we did not. Just cut as strips when done baking.

DO NOT FORGET the oil in that homemade glaze. If you do, it will set up ovenight like concrete with a water topping . . . HARD to remix or recover. Oil is your lifesaver in holding the product. I used squeeze bottles to drizzle a pattern onver the cinnamon pie when done, and added a couple 2 oz cups on side for dipping.

I just made my first cinnamon sticks tonight and they were awesome and I think customers will love them.

I used a 12oz 10" small pizza dough, sprayed some water on it so the cinnamon and sugar would stick (1 cinnamon to 4 sugar ratio), cooked pretty much all the way 500F at 5:35. The cinnamon and sugar didn’t burn just got nice and brown.

However, only thing was I didn’t have any icing with it to dip which I know is exactly what was missing.

I got a few good recipes for icing from above comments, anyone else got anymore simple mixes they use for icing? I will not forget to add some oil in it.

Also, what’s the best way to include the icing, should I drizzle it on to make it look nice or should I just put it on the side in a dip container or both?

Thanks

I’m adding monkey bread to our menu and the employees are hounding me to include a side of icing to drizzle over each order. Was trying to figure out how to hold it. How much oil added to what quantity of glaze to keep the product fluid over time?

Don’t drizzle it unless for dine in. The heat will melt it to the bottom and the customer will think there isn’t any

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

We’re wanting to portion it into souffle cups w/lids to serve it on the side and let the customers drizzle after pick up/delivery.

We use packets, haven’t thought about making the actual icing but who knows, maybe we’ll look into it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

We use a vanilla icing box mix (made for cakes) and just add more water to make the icing. The icing is stored in soufflé cups and can be drizzled on by the customer.