computing pizza oven capacity

How would you compute the output capacity of a conveyor pizza oven? I know I read it somewhere once, but forgot exactly what it was (something like cook time, belt width, cooking chamber size)

Thanks,

Sean

Send me your e-mail and I’ll send you an Excel sheet from Lincoln that should allow you to calculate oven capacity.

Hugh

Hi Hugh,

Can you send me a copy as well? My email is gabsim79@singapore.com Thanks

The oven companies have a formula for computing such things as this, but if you don’t mind taking a few minutes of your time you can figure it pretty accurately by this procedure: Set the oven speed for the desired baking time (you don’t need to turn the heat on), then place empty pans/disks/screens on the conveyor in a pattern to utilize the full conveyor width. Be sure to do this right at the entry to the baking chamber (you should be sliding the pans into the oven). As soon as the first row of pans fully exits the baking chamber make a note of how many pans you have put onto the conveyor, or count the pans as you remove them from the conveyor. Then, divide the baking time into 60 minutes. Use this number to multiply the pan number by to get the number of pizzas (of that size) that you can bake in one hour. For example, lets say your baking time was 6-minutes and 30-seconds. This is equal to 60-minutes divided by 6.5 = 9.23. Now, assume we had 8 pans on the conveyor. Our math would look like this: 9.23 X 8 = 73.84 (call it 73 pizzas (of that particular size) per hour. Now all you have to do is to plug in your numbers to determine what you ovens production capacity is.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

what about temp recovery is this a factor or should this not apply to conveyor ovens?

Automated calculator:
http://www.pizzapartner.com/element.php … 79&SessId=

PPP

To calculate oven capacity per hour. Multiply bake chamber length By bake chamber depth then divide that by product diameter squared then multiply your answer by 60 minutes divided by bake time.

George Mills

But does the XLT3255 Cook the same as the Lincoln 1450? If you cooked a pizza for 5 minutes @ 500 degrees in both ovens would they come out the same? I am talking about a panned pizza.

Daboys
But does the XLT3255 Cook the same as the Lincoln 1450? If you cooked a pizza for 5 minutes @ 500 degrees in both ovens would they come out the same? I am talking about a panned pizza.

Thank you for your question. The discussion is about production capacity not quality of the pizza produced.

If in ovens with the same belt width and same bake chamber length and the pizzas are baked for the same length of time the total production of pizzas will be the same.Note the Lincoln 1450 has a baking chamber 40 in long the XLT is 55 in long so more pizzas per hour will be produced. The quality of the pizzas could be vastly different between various brands of ovens but again the total number baked will be the same.

Was that answer your question ? Or were you asking about the quality of the pizzas produced?
George Mills

bernard:what about temp recovery is this a factor or should this not apply to conveyor ovens?

There is very little temperature loss in the latest conveyor ovens no matter what load they are subjected to.

There is a direct reading temperature indicator on ovens such as the XLT the temperature may drop 2 or 3 degrees but almost instantaneously it bounces back to the set point.
George Mills

To DABOYS: Your question. But does the XLT3255 Cook the same as the Lincoln 1450? If you cooked a pizza for 5 minutes @ 500 degrees in both ovens would they come out the same? I am talking about a panned pizza
To answer your question the XLT ovens will equal or exceed the quality of the Lincoln ovens. Both ovens use the same Air impingement system . Note though that the XLT 3255 has a longer bake chamber and will therefore produce more pies. The XLT 3240 has the same size chamber as the 1450 and again will equal or exceed the quality of the bake and for the same size pie and same bake time will produce the same number of pizzas.
George Mills