Conveyor oven

In your opinion what is the most superior conveyor built and why?

out of the three that I’ve used, I like Blodgett, it’s the easiest to take apart and clean. It can get you through thousand dollar plus hours (with a double deck oven) and it performs quite well. It cooks pizzas evenly and cooks them thoroughly. Of course, all of the ovens I’ve used have all been old. I have no experience with any oven newer than 10 years old.

My fav is the infrared CTX oven as it cooks more like a conveyor, has more programable hear/temp zones to perfect your pizza…

I’ve used MM 360 and they’re fine for a PJ wanna be, you can tune-in the CTX and they are self-cleaning & QUITE!

Drawbacks are they are only electric, can only produce a 20" pie or so…no window to run items half way thru, but you can overcome many of those challenges thru menu design & production techniques…

I used to cook my pies on silicone paper - no screens!!! Crisp bottom crust…

When they “break-down” it is a bit expensive to replace some of the parts, but they are quite durable…

Logic would say: Check what those who have the experience, the staff to do evaluation and extensive testing, and have the financial wherewith all to buy the very best, are using.

I may be wrong but I know of no major chain using CTX, Q Matic, Rotoflex, etc. The top chains are using the BOFI- XLT and Middleby Marshall ovens. There are several second tier chains using Lincoln ovens.
You ask why Domino’s and I would note Little Caesar’s and many others are switching to BOFI- XLT ovens.

Performance, After extensive testing those companies determined that XLT ovens met or exceeded the performance of the ovens they were using. Warranty, 2 years rather than one. Cleaning, fifteen minutes as opposed to two hours. Electrical requirements, 120 volt- rather than 220 volt, cuts electrical cost in half, Parts 1/3 the cost, Electrical fuses, all out where operator can replaces for 50 cents rather than an expensive service call. Smaller gas lines required. No lubrication required, No fan belts to break. Many other advanced features And substantially lower cost to buy.

I use a Q-Matic oven, since this past November, has served me well, been reliable.
It’s the only conveyor oven I have had
I bought it because it is advertised to bake more like a deck, and it works well for me,
It is not impinmgment(using blowing air), it uses radiant heat with the help of gas and/or electricity…I use propane in my mobile pizzeria,
I feature I like also is that it is quiet,

Otis

I use a Q-Matic oven, since this past November, has served me well, been reliable.
It’s the only conveyor oven I have had
I bought it because it is advertised to bake more like a deck, and it works well for me,
It is not impinmgment(using blowing air), it uses radiant heat with the help of gas and/or electricity…I use propane in my mobile pizzeria,
I feature I like also is that it is quiet,

Otis

George
Regarding the idea that parts cost one third of the other ovens, I have a question. I just recieved my XLT and installed it this week. Was shocked to see two temp comtrollers, two burners, two sets of switches, ect, ect. A phone call to Wolfe Electric about initial settings for the oven yeilded a response of set both temp controllers to the same temp. So whats the point of having two. It seems that the redundancy will end up costing more in replacing more parts. If one temp controller goes out, will that end of my oven no longer heat properly? Please enlighten me to the advantage of this setup.

as you may tell from the posts, as well as my own, the best one is the one we are using, most of us have limited experience,
get the best oven for you
best way to talk to owners, sellers, and if you are lucky, you may find someone who has experience with several and will give you a less biased opinion.
do this before you buy an oven, they all work, get the one you decide on,

PS, if you are going to be a regular poster and get good information here, fill our the profile, be a member, and it may facilitate getting information,

Otis

The XLT3270 has a burner at both ends to insure that there is always enough heat to handle the most drastic loads possible. It could be that you might find having a lower exit temperature improves your product.
You would have to try it. Again Parts are substantially less costly then for other makes and there are overall a lot less parts than on many other ovens.

Paul I forgot to mention that if one burner failed you could continue to bake by adjusting time and temperature.
Note also the 3270 and 3870 are the only XLT units with dual burners.