Credit Cards & Square...

Since rebooting our operation, I’ve taken the ‘novel’ approach and fired my traditional credit card processor and jumped onthego Square bandwagon…

So far, so good…the rates are much better, even tho my card reader isn’t working (they’re sending more…enuf 2 equip all my drivers…)

All my drivers have either an iPhone or an android and the app is installed…

With Square’s new Pay with Square program, it’s even easier for the customer to pay heir bill…

A few bugs to work out, accounting wise, but well worth it in the long/short run…

Not saying you’re gonna but… square does put a gps tag on every sale…so if u thought about being shady with it (which i did) it will catch up to u (it did not) … my .08 cents :slight_smile: all of a sudden u would have a hundred sales at 1000.000.000x 1000.00.00 i do use it for random deliveries and random catering… but…i REALLY mean random/not often.

that was supposed to be lat/longitude btw

Hmm. This Square company looks interesting.

I must be as dumb as a stick because I don’t understand what you’re talking about, blue sky day. Could you explain your point in a more simple way?

I’m not sure either. You’d be swiping someone’s card, which would sound alarms. You’d be paying the processing fee, which would cost YOU money. What would be the benefit of false swipes?

It does sound like a good system. As long as the drivers or wait staff don’t mind using their phones. Interesting.

The rest of my readers came in today…free…tested them all…all worked but he initial one sent…go figure…

You can only swipe the card one time to begin a transaction and a signature must be applied to finish each transaction, so multiple swipes are pointless and will only serve to cause confusion…It would be easier to make a fraudulent charge using traditional equipment…

At 2.75% it’s the best deal out there…easy…no b.s. from MPS and others…there’s no wear & tear on the driver’s phone, per sey…PCI compliant…free readers & set-up…

Big Holler is going to tweak my payment screen & I almost have the POS paperwork updated too!