credit cards what happened when you started taking them?

Re: credit cards what happened when you started taking them

where did you get that information from?

If its true, my cable company and cellular phone company has been breaking the law for years. They automatically charge my card every month.

Hello bod,We started taking plastic after being open about 10 years then added the credit machine.That 1st year sales were up 22%.The next year reached 30% so I would say that is a good guestamation 30% sales increase by adding plastic.

Niccademo

Nick your not alone I feel like I’m beating the system by not purchasing a 10.000 pos system.My cc machine cost me 125.00 and paid for itself that same day almost.I just can’t push myself to go for that pos system.Theres so many other things I could buy w/ 10 G’s.Maybe I’m just an ole fashion dawg who still likes a plain rawhide bone.

Niccademo

Thanks everybody,

I would say that I am convinced. Time to do some research. I know our POS is capable of handling CC (Prism/Microworks) so I need to look into the equipment side of things and internet.

I am guessing that DSL over our existing phone lines will be the solution.

in response to your original question, what happens when you start taking them, you definitely pick up orders that you wouldn’t have. i was in biz bout 7 years before we started taking them 5 years ago. the amount of people that pay w/ credit usually around 20-25%. that doesn’t mean i would lose all of it it i didn’t take cards but would surely lose some.

as for the amounts being 30% higher… no way. my biz is 95% take out and delivery. those customers get what they usually get and thats the way it is. however i could see in a dine in situation where more impulse buying is done, people actually seeing appetizers, and treats all around them, that they might spend more.

either way i think it is a good idea to accept them.

bodega,

I have about 30 stores using Prism and the Credit Card Module is PCCharge via the internet. Transaction speeds are about 2 -3 seconds from swipe to print.

Ask Tim Freida at Microworks how our system works.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks Scott. I have been on vacation the last five days (fishing with my son and my dad) and I will be out of town the rest of this week. I’ll check out that info next week.

Thanks.