Crust

Can anyone please tell me how you get the dough to be very thin with a crispy edge to it? There are pizza shops in Minnesota such as Carbonie’s and Jakes that have a great crust and I’ve tried very hard to duplicate with no success. I want my pizza’s to be cut into very small squares. Do you fold over the edge of the dough to form that nice crunchy outer crust or are they using a pan?

Thanks!

I don’t know how to do their crust. But when ever I see family in MN we get pizza and hoagies from Carbonie’s. I love their hoagies, I have tried many times to make something similar and haven’t been able to get it right.

I think I know the type of crustr you’re looking for. The best way to make this crust is by use of a dough sheeter/roller. For a 12-inch crust you will need to use about 10-ounces of dough. If you are baking in a deck oven, you will want to bake the pizza right on the deck. Typically, thase pizza are characterized by a thin crispy edge crust and a soft, some what chewy, center portion. These pizzas are typically cut into party slices (rectangles).
You can use your regular pizza dough, just sheet it out very thin, then place it on a perp-peel and dress to the order, peel the pizza into the oven and give a good, solid bake, typically about 10 to 12-minutes at about 500F. This is very similar to the Chicago style thin crust pizza. For a dough formula for this type of pizza see the RECIPE BANK for the formula and procedure that I have posted there.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor