CTX hb6 anyone use these?

Anybody ever seen or used this oven?

SAL

CTX hb6 anyone use these?
Anybody ever seen or used this oven?

SAL

GM:
If you have a true HB6 you should have a triple deck oven electrically heated with 18 in wide conveyor belts and 116" in length. Electrical is 208 or 230 single or three phase operating at 70 to 120 amps. That’s a whale of a lot of electric load.

Domino’s took hundreds of those ovens out of service when the air impingement ovens came on the market.

I would not recommend them although there are still a few in operation.

George mills

altho my CTX is not the hearth-bake model, I would never go back 2 MM 360’s…much prefer the silence of my double-stack DZ55’s…yes, the initial power load is great, but once @ temp, not any more expensive than gas…plus I can sear steaks/seafood/burgers @ 900 and bake bread & brownies effortlessly…

We have one of the Gemeni-55 infrared (CTX) ovens that we use during our pizza seminars. Remember, when discussing heat, you are referring to emitter temperatures, not oven chamber temperature. These ovens are very quiet in operation, and they don’t put off a lot of surplus heat. They are the only way to go on cruise ships, and military ships too for that matter. They are great for a lot of baking applications, but the one place where I find that they fall short is in their aboility to manage excess moisture on the top of the pizzas. If you make a pizza with a lot of vegetable toppings, there is a goo9d chance that they will release excess moisture during baking and these ovens are not the best choice for managing that moisture, in a case like this, an air impinger is awfully hard to beat. On the other hane, air impingement ovens are not the best choice for baking breads and cakes. You can make cookies without too much of a problem, and you can make brownies if you remember to cover the pans with a sheet of foil for part of the bake, but they bomb out when you try to make any bread items larger than breadsticks or garlic knots, now, yes, you can reprofile the fingers to make bread items, but we’re talking about using a typical pizza baking finger profile here.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

the trick w/the CTX ovens & veggies is to put the veggies on the sauce, then the cheese…I don’t have any problems then…plus, I use a 6 minute bake…we bake sub rolls, cookies, brownies, steaks, burgers…far more versatile than air impingement, IMHBAO