Deep dish crusts

Does anyone use a par baked deep dish crusts that they would want to share where they get it from? I want to do deep dish but I don’t think I have the patience to try to get a fresh recipe down

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Have you checked with your food distributor? Some of them carry both thin and thich par-baked crusts.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Do you have a fresh recipe? How would a deep dish dough differ from a Sicilian dough?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve;
When you say “fresh” do you mean a s “scratch” dough formula for a deep-dish dough?
While many might use a Sicilian dough for the deep-dish pizza I think most people today when they think of deep-dish pizza relate to a richer dough having a bit more sugar and oil or shortening.

Yes, I’d be referring to “scratch” dough formula. Our Sicilians sell very well and thought maybe a deep dish would be a good addition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve;
Here’s a good deep-dish formula.
Flour: (12 to 12.8% protein content) aka strong bread type flour 100%
Salt: 1.75%
Sugar: 4%
Butter: 4% (or use oil or shortening)
IDY: 0.75%
Water: 58 to 60%

This dough if best mixed and managed just like any other pizza dough (24 to 48-hours cold fermentation).
Use 1.5 or 2" deep, dark colored pans. Oil pans, form dough to a diameter slightly larger in diameter than the pan using a sheeter or rolling pin, (if desired you can use shortening in the pan and form the dough to the pan by hand), set panned dough aside to proof for 45 to 60-minutes, then press dough out to fill the pan if necessary. For a vertical crust edge pull the dough up the sides of the pan using your fingers, allow the dough to proof for an additional 20 to 30-minutes, dress and bake to the order.
OR, after placing the dough in the pan allow it to proof for 30 to 40-minutes, then place in the cooler (uncovered) for 1-hour then lid or cover to prevent drying. Dough can be hels during the course of the day in this manner. To use the dough just remove from the cooler, dress and bake. These are best baked in a deck oven with a screen under the pan (baking temperature 475F) to prevent excessive bottom crust color development. If baking in an air impingement oven the baking temperature will be about 435F.
This produces a rich flavored, tender eating deep-dish crust with a well developed gloden brown crust color.

Make them yourself and you’ll save a bundle and they’ll taste ten times better. I use the same dough for all three crusts: crispy thin, caramelized cheese pan crust, and traditional chicago deep dish. Just have to modify how you cook each one. Check out my website if you want to see them. http://grinderspizzeriasf.com/