Delco add on items

Also, I don’t see many (any) saying PASTA? Anyone doing pre-made, heat on demand, pasta? I’ve done spaghetti and mostaccioli in the past, but it was task intensive.

1 Like

I am wondering the same things. My vendor (who conveniently, sells pasta products) tells me that a lot of pizza places add on pasta very profitably, but I have only found one and that guy doesn’t seem to be doing so well.

I do know that I’m looking for any way to lower my labor cost for preparing for service. Making a ton of spaghetti, mixing it with sauce, and putting in 7" pans should be easy. Running it through the oven gets it to service temp. Before I did it by on-demand prep. My staff was pissed, and the demand wasn’t big enough to continue…

1 Like

We sell pasta(rigatoni) but we call it ziti, idk why we do that in the New England.

Anyway its easy. Just cook noodles. Portion in aluminum rounds.(7”,8”,9”) we use 9” rounds bc we give 16oz of pasta. If you use a stringy pasta you can use a smaller round aluminum.

When ordered, cover noodles with 4oz ladle sauce, toppings (meatballs,sausage,chicken) another 4oz ladle of sauce, then pizza cheese. Run through the oven. Cover. Done.

We get $14 for those. Profit around $12. Theyre a big profit, but nowhere near as popular as pizza. And they are not add-on sales.

I still stick with my first post- sell cool desserts.

1 Like

we use a T Marzettis frozen Spaghetti and Fettucini

How do those come packaged?

they come in 1 oz frozen balls we rethermalize in a pasta cooker

Individually packaged, right? They used to come in 8oz and I think they discontinued that

they are in a big bag we lose about 5% due to breakage
yes they use to be in nested trays which was way easier to portion

Thank you for the info!