Delivery/Delivery Insurance.. How/How well are you covered ?

I’m very interested in what everyone else is doing to protect themselves. I’m an independent with a little over a million in sales and 25-30% is delivery. I have a 1M separate “non-owned” vehicles policy as well as a very strict requirement mandating that drivers have insurance that specifically includes pizza delivery. It’s not cheap, 5k a year on my end and $1,500 - $2,500 annually for each driver, but they make great money to offset the expense. My drivers get $6.50 phr, $3.00 per delivery, and tips. We estimate that our drivers average 2.5 deliveries p/hr. When not driving, they gladly perform any work assigned from dough to boxmaking.

All comments welcomed… cause it’s always what you don’t know that hurts you most!

Thanks, Fasteddy

Re: Delivery/Delivery Insurance… How/How well are you cover

Who writes your Hired non owned policy? I do about 850K in delivery and the latest quote I recieved was $22000 with a huge deductable. Everyone tells me thats too high, but I can’t find anyone else to write a policy in Florida.

Paul,

My hired/non-owned is included in my policy as long as delivery is not more than a certain % of my total biz. It is for $1million and I added another $1million umbrella for $750.

PJ referred me to my currect agent who ended up saving me alot of money

Unfortunatly, I have run into the problem of the delivery % with most of the companies that I contact. PJ has not been able to help me as of yet as he doesn’t have someone to write in Florida. I guess I’ll keep on searching.

paul,

have you tried country companies? just in the past couple of years they started writing for pizza places.

tom

never heard of them, but do you have any contact ifo.
Thanks

have any of you guys tried NAPO -national association of pizza operators they offer all kinds of busness services just for pizza. delivery ins.is one of them. when im about to open im going to try. when i inquired about it i live in n.j. the agent told me it is so expensive i couldnt afford it it doesnt suprise me in n.j. if anyone tries it let me know

My Florida Ploicy is with Program Underwriters Inc. in Tampa. Underwriter is Tony Spader 800-282-2033.

I now have my insurance through the NAPO program. HRH insurance is the company providing it. The rates are very good.