Delivery Drivers - Claiming Mileage on Taxes

If you or any of your delivery drivers want to know if they can claim their mileage on their taxes, I have an example posted on my blog, in my signature below.

Basically the driver would use IRS form 2106 for Unreimbursed Employee Expenses, which would give him the amount (based on 44.5 cents per mile in 2006) that he can claim on Schedule A in his itemized deductions.

The mileage amount would need to have the actual amount of reimbursement (per run, per mile, etc) deducted, and that amount would have to be more than 2% of the driver’s income.

Check out my blog for the complete example.