Delivery radius?

Anonymous,

If your average order is $35, God bless you.

I’m the guy with average order $17-$20, so it doesn’t work for me. My customers whine about my $20 minimum for the furthest delivery zone .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well my average order is not 35, more like 25-28 depending on the day. However for some reason the far delivery people tend to order more food? maybe to have for a day or 2?

we average about 175-250 orders per day

our record day was 462 orders, that was a shit show!

If your remaining profitable going that far and having adequate staff & getting their stuff there quick, I would keep it .

I try to get everything delivered in less then 30 minutes. Sometimes it doesn’t happen due to volume and staffing issues.

how much volume we talking about here? to me 1.5mil is a decent volume

Volume of deliveries

Whether you have 2 drivers on staff or 12.

It’s impossible for 2 drivers to counter 15 deliveries in 30 minutes or 75 deliveries for 10 drivers to counter in 30 minutes .

oh yea i understand that it doesn’t work for some people. all depends on the market and the layout of town etc etc

I find that 8 minutes is the top number to make money. But that is in California where everything cost more. We we get to $15 hour minimum it will probably be closer to to 5 minutes. Back in the 90’s we had 10 - 12 - and even 15 minute one way trips. Those days are gone and the delivery area gets smaller every year. The most common complaint I get is about the size of our delivery areas. But the math just doesn’t work to have big areas any more.