Digital Menu Boards

These can’t be complicated, and there has to be an easy DIY for it. Anyone use these? What did it cost? Better yet, did anyone build their own system and how did that turn out?

Buy a decent flat screen…get a used PC…make a power point presentation…

That’s an option… I was hoping for one computer running a few slide shows outputted to 2 or 3 different TVs…

Researched a little more after I posted, I think you can run a slide show off a USB with a lot of TVs, so maybe that is the best option.

I dont believe you’ll have a different ‘show’ on different screens…

You might beable to but a smart TV/video picture frame that will read a USB device, but their goes you savings…

There are some 40" models in the $900 range…

I believe I can buy a PC for a $100 & a 32" TV for $250…

Many cheap TVs can read USB sticks…
http://www.walmart.com/ip/VIZIO-32-Clas … 0/21311576

That’s what I was thinking… It’ll bother my OCD a little to not have them synced up perfectly, but I’ll deal.

I am not much of a “techie” but is it possible to split an HDMI output from a Blu-Ray player…Some have USB inputs…USB stick in the front…HDMI out the back to a splitter and then to the TVs…

www.monoprice.com has some splitters…

You could also burn the file to a CD & have it running constantly, while still splitting the signal to as many TV’s as you wish…you can find a ‘box’ to do that at Radio Shack…

I just recently installed 2 50 inch tcl lcd tv,s using ElectroMenu controllers. Very happy with the digital system check them out!! This is one of two screens, you have the ability to create your look , screens can flip to another screen to promote specials ,new items etc…

Nice, I like that… I’ll call them Monday.