Does any one give away bags of ice?

I just had a client order magnets to promote the fact he is giving away free bags of ice with pizza orders…Says it has been the best promotion he has done in a while…Low cost and a good perceived value…Anyone else do this…

Thats an interesting concept… Is that with every order or do they need to specify if they want the ice?

He is giving away a 20 pound bag with 4 14" pizzas…Looking at the menu that ranges from 88.00 to 112.00…Cost is about 0.85 per bag including power, water and bag…This is to promote party orders…

So, he’s bundling the ice with pizzas. I love it! 85 cents invested to add some good perceived value. I may steal that.

Water is so expensive where I live, I could give away a free pizza with every bag of ice purchased… :wink:

I’m more interested in learning how he gets $112 for 4 14" pizzas !!

How does he get $88.00? That’s some pretty good food if they’re paying $22.00 a pie.

I am confused… why do the customers want ice? Or perhaps why do enough of them want it often enough for it to make sense as a promotion?

We sell quite a few pies that go for $22 or more. Mainly, these are named combos on the menu. All our named combos carry at least a 4 topping price. Some ar as high as 8-9 topping price. The best sellers are 5-6 toppings and by the time they have sales tax on them are about $25 for a 16" pie.

Prices are way higher in Canada so that explains the prices…

As far as the promotion…With 30 other pizza places delivering in bit and pieces of his market (6 stores) he was looking for something no one else was doing…He had an ice machine in his commissary so the start up cost was just some bags…He has decided to do them custom so his cost is now estimated at about 1.05 per bag…He will also be donating bags of ice to community events…Hence the reason for custom bags with his logo…