Does size matter?

Seems 14 and 16 are standard sizes for most places across the country. In the west coast new trend of individual craft your own is really taking off. Typical those are thin crust 8 to 10 inch selling at about $8. With drink there getting about $10 per person. I can’t imagine their using more then 14oz dough.

How many OZ. do you guys use for your 14 and 16’s?

We’re using for 22oz for 14 and 24oz for 16. But that’s with screens. Not sure with disks or cutter pans(not deep dish) if more or less is ideal. Since most of this is all new to me I’m experimenting with different types.

Our doughballs weigh:

12" 12oz
14" 180z
16" 24oz

“We’re using for 22oz for 14 and 24oz for 16” With those weights your pizzas probably come out pretty different. To get the same crust on a 14" as you do on a 16" the number of ounces per square inch should be similar. With a 24oz doughball for a 16" pizza you need an 18 oz doughball for a 14" to produce the same result. Looked at the other way, if like the result of 22oz doughball for the 14" your 16" doughball needs to be about 29oz to get the same result.

The difference you have is going to produce different cook times for the two sizes. Very managible in a deck with an experienced hand but problematic in a conveyor.

Same thought process applies for sauce and cheese portions. Calculate the size of your pizza in square inches and figure out how many ounces per square inch… or how many square inches per ounce.

8"-5.5 oz,12"-12 oz,14"-18 oz,16"-21 oz