Dominos Pizza autocheeser

Over the years I have seen quite a few posts on the Think Tank looking for these. I figured I would post a link to one I saw on Ebay. This is NOT my listing and I do not know the seller.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PIZZA_W0QQitemZ3203 … rms=66%3A2

I, too, have been enamored with the auto-cheeser, but one sad fact is it won’t do a 16" pie!

You still must weigh out your diced cheese…

I’ve found over the years, using a measured cup/multi cups works out well…

BUT!

I’ve since realized my sins…I now prefer to shred my mozz/prov cheese & use a Taylor scale…

The fresh taste of the cheese is superior to the same brand of pre-shredded cheese I’ve been using…

We’re still almost as fast in topping the pies & the new scale helps weighing out the other toppings as well…

We’ve been cooking our Italian sausage & chopping, till this weekend - we slightly froze the links & the used the slicer tool on the Pelican head & now prefer the coverage of the sliced sausage over the hand chopped…

Next project is to get a grinder attachment & grind up some burger!!!

Are you sure about that? I’m really not sure, but what does Dominos do to cheese their XLP 16" pizza? The last time I saw one on Ebay I asked the seller and they though it could be used for the extra large pizza. I also use a scale and wouldn’t be interested in cluttering my makeline with one of these.

when I almost bought one, I was talking to the owner & if I recall correctly, the diam isn’t large enough - look @ the pic in your link & I believe you’ll agree…

Although I never scaled for years, I made my employees use a scale of some type or another…but after the purchase of my last scale, I now have to use the scale, as I can’t “guestimate” the new shredded cheese…even my fastest/sloppiest guy is now using the scale…my cheese cost has dropped a point or more as well!

1996-2002 you could cheese a 16" pizza with a Domino’s auto cheeser. I assume they have not changed. The reason why I would never get one is because now I know what real cheese tastes like and could never go back to that freaky cubed garbage.

PP;
Your last statement about getting a grinder to grind your own beef begs me to ask you why? I’m betting that you can buy ground beef as cheaply as you can make your own, by the time you add in the risk v/s return, the cost isn’t going to be all that cheap. Your process will look something like this: Resanitize the grinder head just prior to using it (even though you sanitized it yesterday when you were finished using it), then sanitize the entire work surface, including the plastic lugs that you will store the ground beef in, bring the box of beef from the cooler and place it on a cart or other suitable surface, put on the plastic gloves, a disposable plastic apron, a hair net, and maybe a beard net and process the meat through the grinder, cover the ground beef, and immediately transfer to the cooler (it’s a good idea to measure and record the temperature of both the cooler and the beef at this time, as well as marking the date on the container. Now you’re ready to clean and sanitize the entire area once again again. Keep in mind that who ever handles the ground beef, especially if they aren’t going to be using all of it, should be wearing plastic gloves. Also, a quick refresher course in cross contamination probably wouldn’t hurt.
Do I sound more than just a little paranoid? Probably so, but rightfully so at the same time. Handling prepared (cooked) meats is one thing, and handling raw meats and egg products is yet another. What I’m saying is know what you are getting into, know the right way to do it, remain vigilant, and be careful. No one wants to see another case of food borne illness or worse, much less have it associated to our industry, that could result in a lot more scrutiny and oversight from the health officials than we ever bargained for.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Since moving from a very small shop (less than 400 sq.ft) w/a very big menu, to a very big shop (1800 sq.ft.) I constantly fight the urge to expand my menu, to be all things to all people…

I envy Paul & his operation, as my store should/could be as successful as his, considering the similarities…(college stores)

At present, we make an excellent pie, awesome hand breaded chicken tenders, decent wings & dabble a bit w/oven baked subs…

But we’re still growing the business, after several failed owners @ this location…

We’re only @ 50% of the sales volume we had when I was the DO here in '04/'05 (took over 6 mos ago)…

There are 4 new stores opening/reopening soon (one recently outta biz + 2 closed Donato’s)…

We’re doing the normal marketing & dabbling w/some unique stuff as well (more later)…

We may have an opportunity to take over the space next door as well, so my menu can grow w/seating…

I come from a grocery background as well, so the meat issue isn’t a big issue, but will not pursue…

When I pass Paul’s sales volume, then I can slow down a bit