Door Hanger Sucess

Hi there:

I am looking for information on return rates on “Door Hangers”…Specifically I am looking for how return rates varies based on the type of dooor hanger used…

For example does a magnetic memo board used as door hanger have a better return than the typical paper one…Obviously on a unit cost for a memoboard is more money than a paper door hanger but if it gets more new clients it may have a lower cost…

Does anyone have any info they can share…

…RCS…

I’ve had success with both. The memo boards are more expensive but it gives customers something to look at every day if they hang it on their fridge. paper door hangers are great for subdivisions and apartments. It all depends on your area. My company spent a lot of money on magnets with coupons on them, in my old store they didn’t work too good. But in other areas they worked well.

royster,

Believe it or not, I’m marketing with magnet menus right now. I’ve not fully completed my “research” because of the crappy (and awesome pizza) weather but returns so far have been nearly identical the first 2 weeks. The biggest benefit I’m seeing from the magnet menus is that the shelf life seems to hold longer as I’m still getting returns from places I hit 5 weeks ago.

So, if you just want intial resoponse that will boost your sales for the first couple weeks, definitely go with the doorhangers because they are a lot cheaper. However, if you want to get extended results (not great results, just extended) go with the magnet menus which I get from magpac for 12 cents a piece…

Both give between 5% - 8% response rate the initial 2 weeks

Doorhangers (weeks 3-6) - 1% on avg.

Magnet menus (weeks 3-5*) - 1.7%

*this is the first time I’ve used magnet menus and it’s still going.

Hope this info helps. -J_r0kk

Are you meaning a very large size magnet that has your menu on it?..RCS…

royster,

Yes. go to www.magpac.com and look at the “JUMBO magnets”

-J_r0kk

HEY J_rokk any companies to recommend that has good prices on regular door hangers and postcards. I am going to do the jumbo magnets on our final round but would like to use a regular door hanger for our first two visits. thanks NEil

primetime wrote:

HEY J_rokk any companies to recommend that has good prices on regular door hangers and postcards. I am going to do the jumbo magnets on our final round but would like to use a regular door hanger for our first two visits. thanks NEil

There are quite a few out there to use. I know Henry Wurst is presently being used by all the Domino’s stores in the U.S. If I’m not mistaken, paul7979 recommended a doorhanger printing company down there in Florida.

What I’ve actually done is gone a cheaper route. We use MailSouth (a knockoff of Advo Shopwise based out of Alabama) to print inserts in my bulk mail advertisements. These inserts are 4 color with Logo/message on front, coupons on back. Every month I print a little over 5,000 overruns. I use these overruns to flyer the barracks on post (I’m a military store if you hadn’t read) and to doorhang in town. All I do is get some scotch tape, tape them to the doors. These overruns cost $20/thousand. So, if you’re cheap like me, you might want to look into that. -J_r0kk

When I owned a pizza store we just hung menus…Ours was a 8 1/2 x 11 folded in half…We punched a hole in the corner and attached a small elastic band…The elastic band allowed us to attach it to doorknobs…RCS…

I’ve used www.centuryprinting.com

Fast turnaround and good paper quality. I’ve only gotten 2-Color, used to be 5k for $199. But I think they also have full color.

Can you tell us more about what these “overruns” are and what to ask for if we talk to the MailSouth people? I would like to look into these.

Nick,

No problem. Have you ever heard of Advo Shopwise? That’s the bulk mail you get where you have a whole bunch of 4 color ads put together in one package that looks almost like a magazine of coupon offers. I call it “sandwich mail” because everything is sandwiched inside of this package. Usually, the outside cover will be one of your bigboy pizza places like Domino’s or Pizza Slut, or Papa John’s. I have MailSouth print inserts to go in this “sandwich mail”. There are approximately 13,300 addresses in my area. I have them print 18,500. The 13,300 get put in the “sandwich mail” and the other 5,200 are sent to me at the store.

I hope I’m explaining it correctly. Here’s a link of what it looks like. The top one is the one I participate in and the third one down is the type of flyer I use. -J_r0kk

http://www.mailsouth.com/pieces06.html#SmartMarket

j

Do you actually use the jacket, the flyer or both?

Also, do you have a contact person you are working with?
What is your cost on the 18,000 peices?

I was unclear from your post if you print 18,000 flyers and then mailsouth inserts them into the “jacket”. In my area, we too get this jacket but it is always PJ’s or The Slut.

As always thanks for the posts & info.

-Doug

pizzapad wrote:

Do you actually use the jacket, the flyer or both?

Also, do you have a contact person you are working with?
What is your cost on the 18,000 peices?

Your contact person will vary based upon region. My contact lives 50 miles from my store and services central Kansas.

I don’t have a bill in front of me but I’ll try to go by memory:

Total cost $580

Bulk mail: $470
Overruns: $90

I’m not sure how accurate that is, but it’s close. If you’re interested in doing this in your market you don’t neccessarily have to go the MailSouth route. One reason is because they might not be in your area, so research your options.

Looking at the big picture:

The idea is to have a company who will have the capacity to do these types of bulk mails for you. Though you’ll use them primarily as a bulk mail service, the added benefit would be the overruns they could print for you. This saves a ton of money on local printing costs you would normally incur at your neighborhood Kinkos and the artwork is 4 color (in case some of you didn’t know, 4 color = FULL color). -J_r0kk