DoorDash

Ok, to resolve this, I’m going to attempt to remove doordash link from one of my customer’s listing. I will record the whole process as proof to confirm if it can actually happen or not. This business is not claimed and have a doordash on their listing. See attached pic. Let’s see how this goes…

https://storage.googleapis.com/risemedialibrary-28f6df98-eb0d-42ff-9cd3-e62ee41b6eee/2018-11-15%2010_53_02-Window.png

Lol.

Resolve what exactly? That you don’t know what you are talking about when it comes to removing doordash from google listings?

You’ve already had 2 people here tell you that claiming your listing doesn’t give you the ability to remove doordash. Yet you continue to claim you can.

Steve , there is no way to physically remove their links under “place order” or “order online” or “order”. I’ve tried it.

There is no option.
Only way is to contact doordash .
If you succeed , please enlighten us !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll post the results when the listing is updated.

We had our page claimed and log in to change or add things. When your logged in you cant see Doordash but as a customer viewing they showed. Google will not remove them. You have to call DoorDash and just F-ckin bitch at them every single day till they get the message.

Are you sure? You probably needed to claim your page. :rolleyes::stuck_out_tongue:

Ok, so here it goes…

First and foremost, I do apologize to all here for the false information I posted on this thread. Next time I post something, I’ll make sure to do my homework and test my theory first before I open my mouth! I had no intentions of misleading anyone here even if I did thanks to my ignorance and I’m really sorry for that.

Now the details:

1. @Registered Guest you’re absolutely right for calling me out on this, as I was 110% wrong! I’m sorry.
    I did claim the listing and had no options to remove the link. I even tried to delete the listing but that was a bummer. The listing is always there even after the confirmation that it has been deleted successfully. It was only removed from my account, not from google!

2. @RobT you’re also 100% right! I called google my business @ 844-491-9665 with the owner of the business, asking them how to remove the link from the listing. Long story short, we argued enough as to why any unauthorized company could post links without our approval, and we got the response that google and these companies have a partnership that allows them to do that and he could not give us anymore details nor remove the listing per our request even if we don’t do business with doodash or any other company that google partners with!

3. @kjs421 Google told us that we have to contact doordash first and have a proof of contacting them along with a proof of their response if we wanted to have google to remove the listing. Otherwise they would not do it! They also did tell us that we had to have our business claimed and be able to validate all information before they can support us. Which we did, but it didn’t help anyways without contacting doordash.

4. Google suggested an alternative temporary solution to delete our listing which we did prior to contacting them. When we told him that we already did, he said that we had to wait 24 to 48h until our listing is updated on google before we see results. It’s way over 48h now and the listing has not changed and most likely its not going to!
    (By deleting the listing we only got rid off the doordash ad space but the “Order doordash.com” link was not affected at all).

Just to confirm: The only way apparently to remove links from your google listing is to contact each responsible company!
Again, I’m really sorry for all the confusion I caused. :oops: :confused:

Hey Steve
It probably took a week to ten days to see it removed from our page.
Just looked on CraigsList in my area and for the first time I found DoorDash & GH advertising for drivers, never saw that before. Wish I could go back four years and never have done this.

I just wanted to update everyone as it’s been about a month now since making all these changes. So the ratio of GrubHub orders to my online ordering site was averaging 70 GrubHub 50 me. The ratio last week was 65 GrubHub 55 me and this week it was 60 me 59 GrubHub. Sales have been about the same but I’ve seen an increase in profit not having to dish out the commission to GrubHub.

I am working on an email campaign next that will allow me to collect my GrubHub customers emails so that I can send them special to visit my site and order instead of using GrubHub. We’ll see how that works.

I also had someone from DoorDash call my store on Halloween and ask if we were open. After checking their site I noticed that they had just added everyone in my area. They all said “New” next to them. I called someone the next week and asked them to remove my listing. They were very nice about it and removed it right away.

I was able to get doordash removed from my google listing. I logged into my business account and suggested an edit to my “order online” section. I replaced door dashes website to my own online ordering. Someone from google contacted me and asked if I had contacted doordash and asked them to remove me. I was going to contact DD until I realized it was gone.

Grasso, Just check it periodically. From my understand this stuff is automated and may go back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few days ago, a guy walks in and asks to pick up an order we dont have. We immediately realize hes from Doordash.

He reads the cashier the order from his phone. The cashier asks to see the phone for herself bc there is alot of odd requests.
She catches 3 mistakes.

Acting bizarre the whole time he waits for his order. He himself orders a grilled chicken salad while he waits. He asks customers picking up food random questions.

We give him the order he opens the pizza box and exclaims “ Where are the pickles?”
My cashier tells him the pickles are on the sub the customer ordered, not the pizza. He says “ohh no no I was just asking if they ordered pickles” Then he starts talking to another customer for a couple mins. Meanwhile im getting irritated he isn’t leaving with the food.

He asks for a napkin bc he spilt his Gatorade he brought in with him. Wanting him to leave we tell him no problem we will clean it. He gets fussy but eventually goes.

Then it hits us, the whole pick up area now reeks of alcohol.

We called Doordash about the driver. We complained about the driver and other things about them. They said they would remove us from the site. Thank god that company gives me anxiety

1 Like

Going through this BS right now…called DD and requested removal…immediately the DD link on my google listing went from a BS menu they used (years old pricing) to the main DD ordering hub for my area. Called Google and asked them to remove DD from my listing AND THEY SAID THAT ONLY DD COULD REMOVE THE LINK! Just got off the phone with DD and they told me that a supervisor has to investigate and get back to me…INFURIATING!#$@!!!#%@\
Luckily, my link to my online ordering is still there but this is total BS

Update FINALLY removed the Doordash link. They emailed me a confirmation of my phone conversation and I heard crickets for one week. I emailed them back threatening to contact a lawyer to issue them a cease & desist letter and they emailed me back and removed the link in less than 24hrs!

Same … no consent. Put my menu on their site. Raised the prices. Delivery driver attitude. Called the number, transferred to another person, he said they would remove it. I will be checking daily.

I just received an email from them saying that they are just starting up in my area and wanted to give me a chance to get on board with them. I emailed him back stating I already have my own delivery service and not to put me on their page. He replied back stating that they would not put me on their service. Hopefully that is true.

It was gone the next day. Good news.

This thread prompted me to “View on Search” my Google Business pages. Sure enough, there was a DoorDash link on one of my locations linked to a full menu on Door Dash. Called them, had menu deactivated and will wait to see how long it takes the link to be removed.

I’m most annoyed that for all the time I spend managing my Google Places, I had no idea it had been linked on one. I had to deliberately go and look. No notifications, no anything. Although, one of my mobile search pages has a Menu tab one of those menu managing services slammed on there and Google refuses to remove it. Instead, every time a change prices I annoy Google Support to update the numbers. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised.

My google page is finally free of parasites.

1 Like